2009 Yamaha FZR6

SWing'R

I stopped into Honda NW this afternoon to say hi to Austin and Michael,

never expected to end up sitting on a sportbike that fit me perfectly and now I want it!

I've sat on lots of different sportbikes and none of them fit me or the riding position was to uncomfortable for me.

Not so with the Yamaha FZ6R. I likes. Might have to see what I can for the Swing on a trade-in!! Hmmmm

2009FZ6R.jpg

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/619/0/home.aspx

Edited by SWing'R

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it! Enjoyed the write up too:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/269/2520/Motorcycle-Article/2009-Yamaha-FZ6R-First-Ride.aspx

Glad they're still making "sport bikes" and not only the RR and SS types. Not all of us want to fly down the street in the fetal position!

Simply sitting on this bike and holding the grips I was only leaned over a little bit from straight up and down, that was nice.

I sat on the CBR next to it and its a world of difference, its like laying down after sitting on that R6.

Just thinking right now. Not sure I want to refinance, or what the wifey will say when I mention it to her :)

BTW. I'm short, 5'6" and this fit me great, so anyone else vertically challenged looking for a bike this might be

the right one.

Edited by SWing'R

I didn't know they made FZR's with CVTs?

Just bustin' chops scooter boy. :p I bet once you get off that luxury scoot and onto something like a FZR, you'll never look back.

I went back and read the review before I finally got that one :o

Of course the FJR does have an auto, but that's a whole lot of bike.

Get the raven black color scheme!

i remember when this came out i was pretty impressed with the reviews it got. im not sure if i could step down from the 600 sportbike though.

but when you are stepping up from a silverwing i think you would be fine ;)

This is why I just bought my '08 FZ6. I'd have loved to get an FZ6R but I couldn't really pass up the deal I got on the leftover '08. I rode this thing for 3 hours yesterday and my back wasn't even the slightest bit sore. My butt was getting a bit uncomfortable, but I just have the stock seat. Going to order a Corbin soon and that should make it much better.

This is why I just bought my '08 FZ6. I'd have loved to get an FZ6R but I couldn't really pass up the deal I got on the leftover '08. I rode this thing for 3 hours yesterday and my back wasn't even the slightest bit sore. My butt was getting a bit uncomfortable, but I just have the stock seat. Going to order a Corbin soon and that should make it much better.

So what are the differences between the 08 and 09? Any? The way the saleman made it

out was like this was a "new" bike. So I'd assume its different from previous models.

Nevermind, I just looked 'em both up, did a side-by-side comparision, they are almost identical...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspeccompare/619/1753/0/compare.aspx

Edited by SWing'R
looked up and compared both

they tuned the FZ6R a little different than the FZ6 from what i read in MOTORCYCLIST. they gave a more broad power range with better response in the mid RPMs. basically perfect for regular city and spirited twisty riding. not so much for track, but thats not what this bike is made for. it always seems like bikes in this category are just old engines from the sportbikes and a new frame to make more money in a different segment. what i read is that yamaha actually put a bit more thought into this model and made it more suitable for the user group they are aiming for. i hope this is more truth than marketing hype.

i saw that blue one... it was nice indeed.

Yeah thats the one I sat on. I'm gonna take the wife up there this evening before they close and show it to her.

Unless they can do something magical on the refinance end of things I'll probably just end up keeping my scoot

a couple more years and buy a '09 FZ6R a few years after its been out. The cost of this bike is about equal to

the payoff on my SilverWing. I just got my Honda statement today, my payoff amount is $6,581.50

Yeah thats the one I sat on. I'm gonna take the wife up there this evening before they close and show it to her.

Unless they can do something magical on the refinance end of things I'll probably just end up keeping my scoot

a couple more years and buy a '09 FZ6R a few years after its been out. The cost of this bike is about equal to

the payoff on my SilverWing. I just got my Honda statement today' date=' my payoff amount is $6,581.50[/quote']

Well... It doesnt hurt to see how much Honda NW will give you for your bike. :D

Look what Kelly Blue Book says for my scooter, hmmm...

FSC600 Silver Wing2006 Honda FSC600 Silver Wing Value

March 19, 2009

2-Cylinders

4-Stroke

582cc

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3955

you got full coverage insurance on it ??? I can make it disappear... it'll end up in detroit under a bridge somewhere... collect the insurance and pay it off then go get your new ride... few weeks later your swing will show up on America's most wanted police chases.... so you can see her go out in a blaze of glory....:grin::cool:

Well we just got back from HNW, I talked to the finance guy, showed him the KBB printout and my payoff amount, anddddddd its extremely doable!!

I can basically tradein the swing (an '06) and get this 09 FZ6R for less than a $100/mo more than I'm payin now.

All that I need to do is to convice the wife to let me do it :(, she's not happy about it.

How do I convice her that this is no more dangerous than my scooter, which I normally ride

@ a pretty good clip. I tried to explain to her that its safer cause people will actually hear me

comin on the Yamaha, the scooter is really quiet. Help me out guys!!

Well we just got back from HNW' date=' I talked to the finance guy, showed him the KBB printout and my payoff amount, anddddddd its extremely doable!!

I can basically tradein the swing (an '06) and get this 09 FZ6R for [b']less than a $100/mo more than I'm payin now.

All that I need to do is to convice the wife to let me do it :(, she's not happy about it.

How do I convice her that this is no more dangerous than my scooter, which I normally ride

@ a pretty good clip. I tried to explain to her that its safer cause people will actually hear me

comin on the Yamaha, the scooter is really quiet. Help me out guys!!

"Bitch shut your moaning, I'm getting a new bike, deal with it!!!"

That worked for me, I said that good and loud so everyone one in the house could hear....... then when she got home I showed her a pic of it & hoped she would let me go buy my new toy. :lol:

"Bitch shut your moaning, I'm getting a new bike, deal with it!!!"

That worked for me, I said that good and loud so everyone one in the house could hear....... then when she got home I showed her a pic of it & hoped she would let me go buy my new toy. :lol:

:bow::wheeliezx10:

After sleeping on it and letting the "impulse buzz" wear down I've decided to wait on getting a different bike. :o

I really like this Yamaha but with the economy the way it is it doesn't feel right to take on a negative equity loan at this time.

So I'll keep the Swing at least another year, get another riding season under my belt and another year of payments on it and

revisit this idea next year. I know keeping the Swing another year and continuing to ride it will negatively affect its tradein value

but I will have also paid another $2,400 or more on the loan, so thats good.

Edited by SWing'R