Where can I shoot this in central Ohio?

SpaceGhost

You could technically shoot it at any rifle range; even if that range is only 100yd. That would be a waste of money IMO, though. Thunder Valley or Briar Rabbit out east are probably your longest (Closest) ranges in Ohio that I know of, but I rarely go to ranges so I'm not up to date on all of them. Other than that, find a friend with some private land.

That would be a waste of money IMO, though. Thunder Valley or Briar Rabbit out east are probably your longest (Closest) ranges in Ohio that I know of, but I rarely go to ranges so I'm not up to date on all of them. Other than that, find a friend with some private land.

I Agree since it has a $650 Scope on top of the rifle. I have no clue on how to use it either. I have some learning to do. Anyone here going somewhere that has 200-300 yard area safe to shoot and want to help teach me? Of course I'll bring ammo and of course you will be firing the weapon too.

Edited by Benjamin

I Agree since it has a $650 Scope on top of the rifle. I have no clue on how to use it either. I have some learning to do. Anyone here going somewhere that has 200-300 yard area safe to shoot and want to help teach me? Of course I'll bring ammo and of course you will be firing the weapon too.

Best advice you'll ever get when it comes to learning precision long-range shooting: Start with something cheaper than .300WM. Those guns are chambered in $3 bills.

Find yourself a decent bolt gun in .223 and you'll be set for ~600yd. with that, which isn't a cake-walk for a beginner. From there, work your way out. You can spend all day shooting/learning on something like a .223 vs. wasting your money on .300WM rounds that are gonna cost you a fortune.

BTW, what scope are you running? @ ~$600, you just start to get into the 'decent' area in the realm of scopes, IMO.

My general rule of thumb is to spend at least as much on the scope as I did the gun, pending funds.

:masturboy:

P.S. - Is this your gun? Someone elses? Pics of said gun?

Sorry to hear that Broseph.

It's ok Austin, it is what it is.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/IMG_1149.jpg?derivative=mmedium&source=web.jpg

What I think the Scope is, since this box was near the weapons.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/IMG_1151/web.jpg

Savage 12FV?

Here's a ballistic graph showing you the difference between a Match .300WM and Match .223. As you can see, the 300 doesn't really start to shine until you get into the 500+ yard range, save for the obvious greater amount of energy the 300 carries.

You can also see from the graph that that with a 200yd. zero, the 300WM has damn near a POA/POI flightpath out to nearly 300yd. What this means for you is that anything you point at from 0-300yd. is going to get hit.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ch8j90.png