Would you call the cops if?

Moostang

Maybe just maybe... He was thinking about asking you for directions but you made him nervous cause you kept staring at him and peaking out your window....He was on phone trying to get directions so he could get away from you but he was having a nervous breakdown.

/devils advocate

if he drove up the street 2 or 3 houses i would have been done with it and gone to bed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both. I confront and repo on daily basis. Always have a way in. Always have a way out.

Confrontation is what you do. Confrontation is not self defense.

Nothing good happens after midnight. I think you did the right thing calling the cops to investigate.

Does this kid live down the street? Knowing your neighbor, and now going down to that house to ask what the kid was doing at 3am in front of your house? That is smart. Here's why:

*Maybe the kid put two-and-two together...knows it was you who noticed him and called the cops? Then you had the balls to come to his house asking why he kept you up last night wondering WTF was going on? He shouldn't be inclined to do damage as now you've shown your situational awareness and likely suspicion that - in this family neighborhood - you'll refer the cops to THAT KID if shit happens.

*There is a legitimate issue he's been working out in his life, and you want to know why he felt compelled to sit in a car at 3am on the phone with someone? You care about the safety of him, yourself, and/or your neighbors.

Color me old-school, but I take anything close to me pretty seriously, and will communicate accordingly to my comfort level...F everyone else. If you didn't know the kid, this would be a HAI GUYS I CALLED POPOS ON SOME HOOD CAMPED OUT IN FRONT OF MY HAUS LOLOLOL thread, not a "what should I do knowing the kid is my neighbor" thread.

Nothing good happens after midnight. I think you did the right thing calling the cops to investigate.

Knowing that was a kid from down your street, and now going down to that house to ask what the kid was doing at 3am in front of your house? That is smart. Here's why:

1) Maybe the kid put two-and-two together...knows it was you who noticed him, and called the cops? Then you had the balls to come to his house asking why he kept you up last night wondering WTF was going on? He shouldn't be inclined to do damage as now you've shown your situational awareness and likely suspicion that - in this family neighborhood - you'll refer the cops to THAT KID if shit happens.

2) There is a legitimate issue he's been working out in his life, and you want to know why he felt compelled to sit in a car at 3am on the phone with someone? You care about the safety of him, yourself, and/or your neighbors.

Color me old-school, but I take anything close to me pretty seriously, and will communicate accordingly to my comfort level...F everyone else. If you didn't know the kid, this would be a HAI GUYS I CALLED POPOS ON SOME HOOD CAMPED OUT IN FRONT OF MY HAUS LOLOLOL thread, not a "what should I do knowing the kid is my neighbor" thread.

my neighbor was a girl in the back seat that i couldnt see i had know idea who the kid driving was

Why?

Maybe because he's proud of his service in the Corps? It could have something to do with disrespecting the uniform he wore while fighting for his country? Maybe he just doesn't like you, I don't know.

I

Does this kid live down the street? Knowing your neighbor, and now going down to that house to ask what the kid was doing at 3am in front of your house? That is smart. Here's why:

*Maybe the kid put two-and-two together...knows it was you who noticed him and called the cops? Then you had the balls to come to his house asking why he kept you up last night wondering WTF was going on? He shouldn't be inclined to do damage as now you've shown your situational awareness and likely suspicion that - in this family neighborhood - you'll refer the cops to THAT KID if shit happens.

*There is a legitimate issue he's been working out in his life, and you want to know why he felt compelled to sit in a car at 3am on the phone with someone? You care about the safety of him, yourself, and/or your neighbors.

This is also called being mature. It comes with gray hair, and back aches.

Maybe because he's proud of his service in the Corps? It could have something to do with disrespecting the uniform he wore while fighting for his country? Maybe he just doesn't like you, I don't know.

Im a big fan of our military and what they do. I was just trying to figure out where he became soft at. I mean Im no bad motherfucker or anything but I'll be damned if Im just gonna peak out my window for an hour at some car parked in front of my house a 3am. Im gonna find out who the fuck it is off the get go.

I hope he doesnt like me because I really dont need any more friends.

Im a big fan of our military and what they do. I was just trying to figure out where he became soft at. I mean Im no bad motherfucker or anything but I'll be damned if Im just gonna peak out my window for an hour at some car parked in front of my house a 3am. Im gonna find out who the fuck it is off the get go.

first off im not soft by any means. Im not going to just walk up to a car at 3am that i cant see into to begin with. If this was Iraq it would be a different story.

If your not a fan of the military, go live in some other country... I joined the military because my dad, his dad, and his dad were in the military fighting for our freedom. maybe you forgot that we fought for that.

seeing as the street isnt your property like mentioned above, they had every right to be there. who cares if they were puffing the magic dragon. they werent disturbing you. Calling the police was the best thing to do. It could have been anyone in the neighborhood.

http://www.monkeyreview.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/1237436885305.jpg

first off im not soft by any means. Im not going to just walk up to a car at 3am that i cant see into to begin with. If this was Iraq it would be a different story.

If your not a fan of the military, go live in some other country... I joined the military because my dad, his dad, and his dad were in the military fighting for our freedom. maybe you forgot that we fought for that.

I cant remember in my lifetime when America was in jeapardy of losing its freedom from a foriegn country. So if YOU were fighting for someones freedom it wasnt in this country. It was the freedom of people in some desert where there is a lot of oil at.

I cant remember in my lifetime when America was in jeapardy of losing its freedom from a foriegn country. So if YOU were fighting for someones freedom it wasnt in this country. It was the freedom of people in some desert where there is a lot of oil at.

Good answer.

Good answer.

No knowledge of cold war military policy. :dumb: