Lettuce tawk RX-8s...

zeitgeist57

I agree with the statement that the MS3 tends to “float” a lot more discernibly over bigger bumps and small crests. I describe it as the stock suspension doesn't "settle" as quickly as I would like. I can live with it until I replace it once needed. I have no plans to spend money on it until then.

I also agree the clutch is tricky. It's been one of the most difficult manual tranny's to master. It's easy to drive hard and hard to drive easy is how I phrase it.

I disagree with the turbo lag. It's minimal to if any. Spool begins at 2,800rpm. Fuck, if it kicked in any earlier, you couldn't drive it. She'll spin all of 1st and 2nd if you push it all the way as is. Thus why boost is limited in the low gears.

It does have a lot of torque for a car this size. Although, I'm so used to FWD, so I know how to deal with it and make it work. Not loving it, but again, live with it. Certainly not a problem. The car does ride stiff though. However the entire design is extremely ridged. The car goes where it's pointed and there's no twist or roll in it.

In the end, the reason I love the MS3 is it's a fucking joy to run on the open road. Just slightly more than stock, I've surprised the hell out of quite a few other cars and don't miss the thrust from my former SC 6's or the V8 from my GXP. The MS3 fills those gaps with ease and then some. Especially from a roll.

Yes, I'm sure the OP is very interested in your MS3, can you give us anymore pointers or details ?

How are the seats ?

Clay can drive it at C&C anytime.

Seats, are very comfy and seriously bolstered. I will say they are a bit small for my 185lb ass, but that's because I am used to driving a larger sedan and like to spread out. I'm hung like.....and need the room :p

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/115660203/original

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/101312399/original

That's great man, tell us more about your non-RX8

it's more informative than posting nothing at all.

it's more informative than posting nothing at all.

It is indeed informative about a vehicle which the OP was not asking about.

:dumb:

IE: If I posted a review of a new orange juice I enjoy, it would also be highly informative but off topic.

PS: You are slow.

It is indeed informative about a vehicle which the OP was not asking about.

:dumb:

IE: If I posted a review of a new orange juice I enjoy, it would also be highly informative but off topic.

yes, and we all know CR posts never go off topic in less than informative ways than my tangent :megusta:

PS: You are slow.
no, just humoring those posting with sarcasm.

Clay, I really like the RX8 for all the reasons you seem to be considering. Not to mention that they are getting pretty cheap in the used market now. I would love to pick one up sometime, but I don't think it fits the bill for the use you are looking to get out of it.

as previously stated try to avoid the 4 port motor, they seem to have the most issues. the 6 port is great and i have seen little to no problems with them, while the RX-8 lacks in the HP department its a fun comfy car to drive. i personally have had a few and have no complaints about them.

I also agree the clutch is tricky. It's been one of the most difficult manual tranny's to master. It's easy to drive hard and hard to drive easy is how I phrase it.

It seems like its different every time you drive. However a nice solid rmm helps.

Thus why boost is limited in the low gears.

Better when removed- but makes it harder to drive it easy. :D

RX-8 are very very slow and have poor fuel economy for the slow speed. They handle like a little race car though and are fast through turns. Not real comfy for 4 people.

The Speed 3 is a great car. 268hp, holds 4 comfy, holds lots of gear and quick as hell. My friend had one that I drove a lot and he took it to Mid Ohio for 2 years and drove the shit out of it. Drove TT and beat cars in groups above his with it.