Magazine manufacturing?

Avenger1647545502

It's for a Polish Wifama wz.78, a little .22 military trainer from the early 90s. There were only about 2,500 of them made, fewer imported, and almost no spare parts exist. There are SOME spare mags...they are in POLAND, and the guy who has them will NOT sell them to anybody from the USA, or who he thinks might sell them to somebody in the USA.

I fully expect it to cost a fair amount, but I would be able to recoup some of that cost by doing a mini production run and selling a few. It'd be a fairly simple piece to fab, three sheetmetal stampings, a couple of spot welds, and I've already sourced a spring that'll work. Just not enough demand for Tapco or Promag or Mecgar or even USA Mags to do a run, but enough for somebody to sell a few.

• 2 weeks later...

No...the one place I found that would even think about trying wanted about $75-80 per piece, with no heat-treat or bluing, minimum 25 pieces. PLUS a one-time of $125 to design the stamping tool, which they would keep...I gave up, honestly.

And by odd coincidence, the mag I needed showed up on Gunbroker the very day I posted, so I now have two...

Mahle, what are you looking for?

It's a mag for a early to mid 1900s spanish ruby 32acp. I found some mags for it but I guess they were all special fitted to the gun at the factory. I figured if I could get a few made it would save me the hassle of finding one that fits at $30 a piece. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some and get them fitted for it.

Call or email Eric Grimes/Great machine .I'm sure he can quote you for a magazine or two if you want more spares.We do a lot of small jobs just because it's a good way to get business in an industry that mainly runs on word of mouth.

eric.greatracing@gmail.com

248-459-9827 (Michigan area code but he's in Columbus)

It's a mag for a early to mid 1900s spanish ruby 32acp. I found some mags for it but I guess they were all special fitted to the gun at the factory. I figured if I could get a few made it would save me the hassle of finding one that fits at $30 a piece. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some and get them fitted for it.

Whee...those Ruby-types are FUN to find parts for. Neat little pistols though!