FIA Legal Cage Installers?

Rally Pat

I have been looking into getting an FIA legal cage like this one from Safe Drives:

http://www.safedrives.com/proddetail.asp?prod=APSRRC

Is there anyone out there who installs these? There also seems to be some argument across various forums as to if there is such a thing as a "FIA Certified Welder". I am not ready to pull the trigger on anything yet, just trying to lay out plans for my car. Might be springing for their "Rally Car in a Box" deal that they have on a few forums.

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8644

Its not specifically for any sanctioning body, I want it because my car will have way more power than it should and weigh almost nothing so rolling might be a problem. I just want a good quality cage, and an FIA/Rally America legal cage seems to fit the bill.

Way more power and SVX engine do not belong in the same sentence.

More than double what I had before, and the car is lighter now. Combined with the ECUTune Stage 1 Aggressive tune, its going to be a beast. You've only experienced it in a bagillion pound car through a slushbox.

Ill be honest, neither of these were relevant to what I posted. These are both about building cages.

The links contain suggestions for builders/installers.

Amy shop should be able to install according to fia rules

Would you take a hungry man frozen dinner to a master chef and ask him to cook it for you? Don't take a "kit" to a master fabricator and expect them to take the job.

I wouldn't say thats a fair comparison, its not like this is a bolt in cage. Its a much higher quality than that and its guaranteed to fit my car and pass scrutineering if assembled properly. However, yes, if by following your own analogy the master chef is the one who knows how to operate the microwave.

Check out these two. I have seen & driven cars with FIA cages from both of these builders.

http://www.rollcageguy.com/

(330) 645-6368

Located in Akron. The best cage builder I know of in the state.

John Holt Race Cars

3059 East 17th Avenue

Columbus, OH 43219-2326

(614) 471-1022

Located in Columbus by the airport. Also top notch

Curious, is your Aero tan?

Silver, I just bought it last week & love it. I had 2 bugeye WRXs & always wanted a wagon. Did some research about the 92x & really liked the minor differences from the Subaru. Better NVH, nicer interior, STi steering rack, etc.

I wouldn't say thats a fair comparison, its not like this is a bolt in cage. Its a much higher quality than that and its guaranteed to fit my car and pass scrutineering if assembled properly. However, yes, if by following your own analogy the master chef is the one who knows how to operate the microwave.

If anything a one off cage would fit better then a prefabbed kit. As long as the builder knows the requirements for the cage you should be fine.