Hit and run

Buck531

I was going to the carry out around 9:30 or so tonight to grab some smokes and some beer and as I'm coming home from Rosetti's in Gahanna (behind City BBQ sitting at the light to cross back over on Stylger I hear this pop/boom sound. I look over to my left and there's this newer Acura suv/cross over that was just sitting there and put it's hazard lights on. The car was sitting there at the right light going into Gahanna from 670/62.. going into Gahanna. Then as I'm driving away (our light was green), I see this car that's ALL fucked up start pulling over to the shoulder thinking to get out of traffic or what not and then they start driving away turning right onto Stylger! He wasn't limping it either. He was trying to run. The hood was all crumpled up, steam rolling out of the radiator and was pouring coolant along with a broken passenger light.

Rewind to when I was going to the carry out. I saw a Gahanna cop sitting in the Speedway lot just chilling there. As I come back across 62 and turn left onto Agler to go back, he's still there. I pull in, pull up next to him and tell him there was a car that just got hit at 62/Stylger and the car that hit was running. Gave a short description of the car (looked to be a 2000ish Chrysler Sebring, black/dark color) and told him it had a broken headlight and was steaming along with coolant flowing out of the car and the hood was messed up. Almost before I got done with telling him the car he was gone and said thanks and pulled out, flipped his lights on to go try and get him. I shoulda told him to just follow the line of coolant.

From the time I heard the accident to the time I told the cop wasn't even 2 minutes. The car that hit he Acura probably started taking off 30-40 seconds after hitting it. He probably didn't either A: have insurance, B: was drunk, or C: didn't have a license.

I was going to just flip a U-turn to follow the guy then I looked down and didn't have my cell to call the cops any. I'm glad the Gahanna cop was still sitting there at Speedway though.

Fuck hit and runs.