By Rings Hello VW

STEVE-O

Welp sold the A4 and got this TDI. Really trying to move my way up to a gli but you got to build the latter before you can climb up it and i think this is the next step in the right direction.

2002 160k black leather interior, auto, and yes 1.9l turbo diesel.

only pic i got so far of it. ( got a set of 10000k hids on the way and that will be the only mod to the car)

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7643/imag0185o.jpg

+1, Been looking around for them actually.

1. Change timing belt, even if they told you they already did it.

2. Clean EGR and either VAG off the EGR, or get a race pipe.

3. CHIP

Then stop.

Then sell it to me once you have done all of the above.

Agree fully with Jones, in addition to cleaning the EGR, check the intake. If the EGR has excessive soot build-up, the intake is likely clogged. Do not clean the EGR with any type of solvents, it will kill it in short order (unfortunately I found this out first hand).

Cleaning the EGR and intake is a couple hour job and well worth the time. Check the snow screen in the tube leading to the airbox, at that mileage it is likely clogged if it has never been cleaned.

My TDI is now over 211k so I've learned a few of the common issues.

http://www.tdiclub.com has any info you could ever want on the car.

I've always wanted one of those fuckers.

it will/ is for sale or trdade Like i said Im looking for a gli :)

+1, Been looking around for them actually.

1. Change timing belt, even if they told you they already did it.

2. Clean EGR and either VAG off the EGR, or get a race pipe.

3. CHIP

Then stop.

Then sell it to me once you have done all of the above.

yes taking a weekend to check the tb and all that good stuff will be around the corner. Then i will gladly sell it to you :)

o and yes i do miss ahveing any kind of power lol But also I ahve gone almost 100 miles and havent even used a quarter tank of gas yet :) :) ;)

it will/ is for sale or trdade Like i said Im looking for a gli :)

yes taking a weekend to check the tb and all that good stuff will be around the corner. Then i will gladly sell it to you :)

o and yes i do miss ahveing any kind of power lol But also I ahve gone almost 100 miles and havent even used a quarter tank of gas yet :) :) ;)

You won't miss the power too much if you get it chipped.

Downpipe & chip is not really going to take away any life. Once people start throw in injectors and stage2 /3+ programs you have problems, and then you start eating axles too...

Plus you'll pick up even more economy.

You won't miss the power too much if you get it chipped.

Downpipe & chip is not really going to take away any life. Once people start throw in injectors and stage2 /3+ programs you have problems, and then you start eating axles too...

Plus you'll pick up even more economy.

ive been looking around but the tdi forums i ahve seen are a pain to navigate and have little info from what I have seen. What company makes a good chip for the tdis?

ive been looking around but the tdi forums i ahve seen are a pain to navigate and have little info from what I have seen. What company makes a good chip for the tdis?

You've got a good year too, past 03 they have a whole new batch of issues.

As far as good chips go, I'd say rocketchips are cheap/affordable/ and reliable. Stage 1 Rocketchip / EGR Bypass/ Delete/ & Catless Downpipe = perfect.

:no:

Werd, that's fail on so many levels. Anything much passed 5000k is worse light output not to mention 10,000k is likely purple plus you'll be blinding people without projectors.

Keep it at 6000k for a nice color/output and please for the love of god only do it with projector housings.

Werd, that's fail on so many levels. Anything much passed 5000k is worse light output not to mention 10,000k is likely purple plus you'll be blinding people without projectors.

Keep it at 6000k for a nice color/output and please for the love of god only do it with projector housings.

I got 10000k because their paticular site said that was crystal blue. If they are purple they wil be getting sent back. I had a set of 6000k on my z28 and they were pure white no blue tint at all so we will see..

also picking up a boost gauge from a friend for cheap but nothing major will be getting done

I got 10000k because their paticular site said that was crystal blue. If they are purple they wil be getting sent back. I had a set of 6000k on my z28 and they were pure white no blue tint at all so we will see..

also picking up a boost gauge from a friend for cheap but nothing major will be getting done

10K will be pure crap.....

And without projectors, you might as well take 7 randomly pointed flashlights to each housing, about the same.

But also I ahve gone almost 100 miles and havent even used a quarter tank of gas yet :) :) ;)

I don't recommend using gas in them. ;)

Having had about a dozen or so diesel vehicles in my life, I got away from using terms such as gas pedal, gas mileage, gas gauge, gas tank, and so forth in reference to a diesel. I suppose it's too picky, but I notice that hard core diesel enthusiasts don't make the slip.

Welcome to the club. :)

My old 10000k's were BLUE...and I couldn't see ANYTHING. It was such a strain on my eyes, and in the rain it was even worse. The light output is pure garbage with 10000k, and with Jetta headlights they will only be worse.

If you can run across one there are actually diesel 6 speed transmissions from Europe. There was one for sale on vortex a couple weeks back.

Everyone wnted yet the asking price was $$$$

Yup, those are the WHIP!

Guy had a 6 speed swapped, modded bug for sale I almost bought.

But then I realized CR would tie me to a pole and flog me....:dumb:

10000k is pink. 6000k is in the blue range. A quick google search would tell you all of this.

it all changes by vendor. I had a friend order the 6000k kit just like I ahd but he got it from ebay and it was way more blue than white like mine so we will see. The company is pretty cool it seems and said if they are the wrong color or I am not happy with them for whatever reason I can return them at no charge and they will even pay to ship a different set/ color out to me. So we will just have to see what happens when they come in.

But now I am at 120miles and still have a little over 3/4 of a tank left. Im starting to like this more and more