Progressive Insurance Claims

99ta

Just a FYI, they have posted 3 more claims adjuster postitions out of the Dublin office. You can apply online.

How do you like doing claims? I've been doing customer service at one of the main campuses in Mayfield since February, but I'm thinking about either going into claims or getting licensed to do direct sales soon. I've heard the money is pretty decent for starting out in claims too.

Thanks. I've been looking for a position like this for a little while. What did you do before you got into it? I have a lot of exp in the automotive repair/parts field. Will it help me?

How do you like doing claims? I've been doing customer service at one of the main campuses in Mayfield since February' date=' but I'm thinking about either going into claims or getting licensed to do direct sales soon. I've heard the money is pretty decent for starting out in claims too.[/quote']

I like it. Its got its ups and downs. and yeah the pay is not bad.

Thanks. I've been looking for a position like this for a little while. What did you do before you got into it? I have a lot of exp in the automotive repair/parts field. Will it help me?

I didn't do anything to get started. I was a Probations Officer before. But yes any automotive expierence wil help. Do you have any education?

I didn't do anything to get started. I was a Probations Officer before. But yes any automotive expierence wil help. Do you have any education?

I have 5 years as a tech and 2 years working wholesale parts. Education is just HS diploma and went to techincal school for Auto tech.

Hmm, I have a bachelors and plenty of personal experience with cars, but nothing formal. I'm interested, but do you have a general idea of the pay range?

Before I got my CSR job there, they interviewed me for a Claims Generalist trainee position and starting salary was 38k. Ended up not having quite the previous experience they wanted, so they put me in customer service and I'm going to try and move up through claims soon. This was in Cleveland, they have 3 pay scales for each position based on where you are located but I think most of Ohio is the same pay scale.

FYI, Progressive is a ridiculously good company to work for. During their last hiring spree, they had over 60,000 applications and only hired about 1,000 people. Pay is good, benefits are phenomenal and they are a very flexible company.

I also work in Claims at Progressive. I've been with this company for over 6 years now, and have been happy since the day I started. I'd be happy to share my experiences with anyone that is curious. Great company, good benefits, decent pay. I think there are a couple of Claims positions open in Cincinnati and Dayton as well as Cleveland.

I wish Progressive would underwrite their own home owner policies as I'm licensed in almost every state for property claims.

I would still check into applying, we now have people who work for Progressive but underwrite the homeowners policies on behalf of Homesite and ASI. They are trying to go this route rather than underwrite their own policies (which I think they tried some years ago but couldn't turn a profit on it.) Are you licensed just for claims or for sales also?

I would still check into applying' date=' we now have people who work for Progressive but underwrite the homeowners policies on behalf of Homesite and ASI. They are trying to go this route rather than underwrite their own policies (which I think they tried some years ago but couldn't turn a profit on it.) Are you licensed just for claims or for sales also?[/quote']

I'm licensed for claims only right now. I handle homeowners, commercial property and farm claims currently for Nationwide. If I don't hear back soon on the National Catastrophe field position soon I'll probably start looking elsewhere. (It's a traveling position, but you get a company vehicle and pay is around $80k/year + per diem)

• 2 weeks later...