Shawn Jones...professional amateur autocross racer.

FourString

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guide you

shoot me a PM if you really want and I'll guide you (no homo)

I'm not quite at the PM stage, more the passing interest stage. I really enjoy cornering, but the only car I have running to do it in is a leased Malibu.

so bring out the Malibu...the shittier the car, the easier tool with which it is to teach

I might get killed for doing that.

I might think about bringing out the 'vette once I get around to fixing it. I've always wanted to see what I could do with it.

Ben, if I come out will you show me how to run a front wheel drive car on a course like that?

Sure, youd be surprised what you could even do with a malibu! Just let me know if you want some help when you can make an event.

FYI folks, there are NO autox's in august or september locally with scca, 3 events in july though so go soon or you'll have to wait til october or find an event with another group.

I might get killed for doing that.

I might think about bringing out the 'vette once I get around to fixing it. I've always wanted to see what I could do with it.

You might be surprised- granted I had crappy tires (7 year old F1s) that I had WAY too much air in (max inflation pressure of 44 or 45) but I found our old RSX-S on cupped factory size small tires to be much easier to drive than the z06---

I bought some better street rubber (nitto nt-05s) for it but have been too busy to come back. I had a blast with the acura and it rained half of the time- the z06 was more frustrating than fun.

I run the mustang and it's stock, you can do this with any car. Jones, look for the pics of my car if you want to see some body roll!

I still think it's amazing what you did on your first try with a car you've never driven before. I think your best time with my fat ass in the passenger seat was better than your times with your car for the day. With just you, and some time behind the wheel, I can only imagine what you could do with the white whale.

Skills & Experience > *

PS: Derek's got some tires for me coming in today, so I can hopefully do a little better next time! :megusta:

Just imagine an expert driver that runs pro events and such?? Yes, I beat my best time in the Stang on the first try with your BONE STOCK Audi, by 1/10th of a second!!!

BTW, we can use those pics to help you a bit too, can point out a couple things.

Great, what tires??

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=5231 Body Roll!!