getting searched

Tractor

Do any of you who carry daily work in a position were you and your vehicle get searched on the job? How do you handle that?

I constantly go in and out of court houses, federal buildings, private companies, etc that at the minimum use metal detectors. I'm gonna say you don't go carrying into the .gov places for sure. I really don't think the guys down at the county court house would like it if I plopped a gun in the little tray they give you for your keys:-)

Also another of my possible places to go is the cities military bases such as Rickenbacker, DSCC, Joint Forces Headquarters, etc. I bet I could just leave it with the guards at the Rickenbacker contractor entrance though, their pretty cool.

Discuss.

Oh and at the military installations typically the vehicle gets a full search. At DSCC or JFHQ it depends on the threat level. Right now they are just about strip searching the cars at Rickenbacker

no weapons are allowed on government installations.. I don't think you can leave it with the guards either.

Truth, and its a felony if caught with it

Our cops at Rickenbacker are hit and miss, some are really anal about things others are really cool, but since Osama was taken out we've been at a heightened level of security so they really have there panties in a bunch. I wouldnt leave it with the civilian contractor gate guards there and I'm not sure as a civilian if you can leave it at the armory or not but I'm guessing not.

soooooo not worth the hassle. Most of the day it would be locked in the glovebox, and if you hit the wrong guard at the wrong time at one of those bases you may never be heard from again.

Although, last time I was on a base (fort bragg) we drove in with gun cases laying on the back seat and the guard's didn't even notice

Being a Security Forces member at Rickenbacker, I can tell you you CANNOT leave your gun with a guard at the front gate. Nor would I want to! Lol. The policy is that you are supposed to declare it coming on the installation, then they arrange transport straight to the armory for safekeeping. They do ease up on that some, but like said above, the threat condition is increased right now, which means stricter guidelines. You're technically not supposed to bring firearms on the base anyways.

Same goes for DSCC and all federal property. Firearms/weapons are not permitted on federal ground, to include all state buildings (courthouses, etc.).

hmm well i am unsure about the rickenbacker post but as i am currently stationed on FT hood TX ( the largest military installation in the world ) i can gladly say i can take my gun on post every day if i wish! now there are rules and guidelines i must follow. 1 u gotta have ur concealed handgun license. gun and ammo can not me together while on post. ( glove box and center console work for me ) and last your weapon has to be registered on post. other then that nothing they can do... lol.