work place legal question

russian rocket

So by your thinking the police can go around secretly recording peoples conversations until they catch them in the midst of making a drug or arms deal with no warrant needed since they were not intending to use the recordings for anything illegal? Their excuse would then be ooops, we forgot to turn the recorder off after the shift ended?

Actually, the law does hold that privacy is the key factor. Taping a person without their consent is a violation of her privacy and punishable in civil court. I do not have to prove damages for you to be guilty. You can't go around recording private conversations like she did here and claim no intent.

A general rules is that if people are engaged in a conversation where they reasonably expect privacy the statute protects that conversation.

So if I walk into a bank with a gun and demand money and the teller tells me no and I leave defeated there was no damage so no crime right?

If I walk into a bar carrying a gun, no damage is done so no crime right?

I think whats he's saying is this crime is so small that the powers that be are more likey to believe and use a simple excuse as a way to close it... Its still a crime.