gahanna = brokedicks

AWW$HEEET

Stupid derps can't afford fireworks, but hey, at least creekside is paying off :gabe:

GAHANNA, Ohio —Independence Day festivities are planned for Monday in Gahanna, but that celebration nearly came to a halt after the city said it did not have enough money to fund the event. The annual celebration, along with a fireworks display, usually costs about $40,000, 10TV's Danielle Elias reported on Saturday. Gahanna's mayor said the city could not afford to pay the bill this year, so city residents and businesses rallied together to save the time-honored tradition. "We love and live in this community," said Lee Tucker, member of the Gahanna Parks and Recreation Foundation. "It's truly a freedom festival, that's the best part about it." That foundation started a grassroots effort and sent more than 1,000 requests for donations by mail. "In the $23,000 raised this year, almost $10,000 came from residents of Gahanna," Tucker said. "That shows how much they wanted it to happen." But some people, like Steve Goldsberry, said the festival is a waste of money. "They got the big city. They can go downtown," Goldsberry said. Tucker said the Freedom Festival features a city-wide parade, entertainment provided by the USO and a full fireworks show. The city will help fund the event, adding another $20,000 to cover security.

Stupid derps can't afford fireworks, but hey, at least creekside is paying off :gabe:

GAHANNA, Ohio —Independence Day festivities are planned for Monday in Gahanna, but that celebration nearly came to a halt after the city said it did not have enough money to fund the event. The annual celebration, along with a fireworks display, usually costs about $40,000, 10TV's Danielle Elias reported on Saturday. Gahanna's mayor said the city could not afford to pay the bill this year, so city residents and businesses rallied together to save the time-honored tradition. "We love and live in this community," said Lee Tucker, member of the Gahanna Parks and Recreation Foundation. "It's truly a freedom festival, that's the best part about it." That foundation started a grassroots effort and sent more than 1,000 requests for donations by mail. "In the $23,000 raised this year, almost $10,000 came from residents of Gahanna," Tucker said. "That shows how much they wanted it to happen." But some people, like Steve Goldsberry, said the festival is a waste of money. "They got the big city. They can go downtown," Goldsberry said. Tucker said the Freedom Festival features a city-wide parade, entertainment provided by the USO and a full fireworks show. The city will help fund the event, adding another $20,000 to cover security.

:lolguy: @ Steve Goldsberry, the most curmudgeonly bastard in Gahanna.

This is what's so fucking great about America. We may be in a recession cutting spending left and right, but when it comes to patriotism, there's no bigger swinging dick in the world. Fuck Osama bin Laden, lets spend an entire year's budget on fireworks. For Freedom.

I'm calling bs on the article. I was told from a Gahanna City engineer that it cost 25,000 and that Heartland bank had stepped up and paid $20K of it. The rest was covered by donations. Unless something fell through.

I still don't get though how taxes are higher in Gahanna and the collected business revenue is back up to 2007 levels, yet the city is so broke. I honestly can't even imagine how much they blew on expanding the high school. Grant it I will catch crap for it, but the old school cement/brick buildings were fine. Public schools are not intended to look like some college campuses and is only their to provide basic education. The rest is up to the parents. Elaborate campuses and single use sports facilities should not be funded by tax payers. If education is such a priority for certain parents, then they can make the sacrifices and send their kids to private schools.

i grew up there and went there k-12. i have 0 pity for the city and the decisions they have made over the last 5-10 years. i think its nothing short of fraud, waste and abuse. kasich is putting his dick on the chopping block and making the hard decisions no one else wants to make, albeit unpopular.

i grew up there and went there k-12. i have 0 pity for the city and the decisions they have made over the last 5-10 years. i think its nothing short of fraud, waste and abuse. kasich is putting his dick on the chopping block and making the hard decisions no one else wants to make, albeit unpopular.

What year did you graduate?

Everybody wants, but they aren't willing to sacrifice or give if needed.

What year did you graduate?

I guess it was more important for GPD to have new cruisers, LED lightbars and all the neatest new toys. :rolleyes:

Or the high school to install a irrigation system on the football field, only to install turf a yr later. :dumb:

Everybody wants, but they aren't willing to sacrifice or give if needed.

Teachers especially. I'm not following this issue 5 deal close enough to know what they are talking about, but I'm sure it has to do with salary, collective bargaining, etc.

They wanna have their cake and eat it too. They want to make private sector type money, and have a full summer off. Too bad, so sad.

Public schools are not intended to look like some college campuses... Elaborate campuses and single use sports facilities should not be funded by tax payers.

Public schools are...only their to provide basic education. The rest is up to the parents. If education is such a priority for certain parents, then they can make the sacrifices and send their kids to private schools.

Those two things are completely separate issues. I couldn't agree with you more on the first part, or disagree with you more on the second part.

Whose claims and what claims need validated?

"If kasich didnt cut the local funding as much as he did the budget for gahanna would have balanced out. jus sayin." -BIGGU

"i think its nothing short of fraud, waste and abuse. kasich is putting his dick on the chopping block and making the hard decisions no one else wants to make, albeit unpopular." - You. :)

I'm just looking for what Kasich did (or will be doing) to affect Gahanna...

"If kasich didnt cut the local funding as much as he did the budget for gahanna would have balanced out. jus sayin." -BIGGU

"i think its nothing short of fraud, waste and abuse. kasich is putting his dick on the chopping block and making the hard decisions no one else wants to make, albeit unpopular." - You. :)

I'm just looking for what Kasich did (or will be doing) to affect Gahanna...

To substantiate my claim, it seems the last remaining fiscal conservatives on the face of the earth are john boehner and john kasich. These two simply don't give a fuck about saving face. They are there to do a job and are seemingly antisocial no bullshit people.

Fraud waste and abuse is the following:

Creekside

PTO members embezelling money

Letting the superintendent double dip

Wasteful school expansions

Levies to continue this behavior.

I'm not super abreast on gahanna weekly politics, but surely things are awry, as evidenced by their inability to scrounge up $40k for an american tradition.