RX7 Part Out: Rolling Chassis, Big Turbo, Etc

Limitedslip7

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to pick up an FB-but this is tempting.

What does the chassis way as-is? Did Tinman do the cage?

I haven't weighed the chassis without the drivetrain. No, the cage is just a Jegster 6-point kit.

to much to ask to fetch some approximate numbers for me? :)

I'll see what I can do. Taking it to the truck scales requires that I find a truck to borrow and then dollying it there. Maybe I can find someone with some scales around or some other way to weigh it.

I'll see what I can do. Taking it to the truck scales requires that I find a truck to borrow and then dollying it there. Maybe I can find someone with some scales around or some other way to weigh it.

I ment maybe finding some info on RX7 club...

Wasn't it about 2450lbs with a stock 13bt, full interior? It can't be too much away from that, stripped + the cage now I imagine.

Maybe- my 4GX7 was about 2620 with a 6 point. This is not a turbo 2 though, I was told they are lighter.

Does this thing have power windows? Sunroof? Open Diff also correct?

I think it was closer to 2600lbs. Typo lol.

It was a GTUs which were some of the lightest, I don't remember if the Base was less or not. Manual windows, no sunroof. He said he sold the differential so yeah I guess it is a very open diff.

JP, you won't find a better combination of clean shell/lightweight FC around. The GTUs is the lightest S5 FC. The only things that make it heavier than an impossible to find in good condition non sunroof base model S4 FC are parts you would strip off anyway, electric seat belts and beefier dash under structure.

JP, you won't find a better combination of clean shell/lightweight FC around. The GTUs is the lightest S5 FC. The only things that make it heavier than an impossible to find in good condition non sunroof base model S4 FC are parts you would strip off anyway, electric seat belts and beefier dash under structure.

You know ruffly what they weight? I was just asking because I really was set on an RB

I think it was closer to 2600lbs. Typo lol.

It was a GTUs which were some of the lightest, I don't remember if the Base was less or not. Manual windows, no sunroof. He said he sold the differential so yeah I guess it is a very open diff.

Huh. Yes mine was a full T2-power everything. Doors were heavy as FERK

You know ruffly what they weight? I was just asking because I really was set on an RB

Kind of a loading question, depends on cage, how much of interior will remain and so forth. If it helps any, my GTUs race car has an all iron 3800V6/T5 transmission, extensive rollcage, ~250lbs. of ballast. With my 145lbs. plus race gear and 1/8 tank of gas I cross the scales at 2870lbs. Minus me, gas, and ballast the car should be right at 2450lbs. Subtract the weight of a 3800 and T5 and you have your answer for a gutted and caged FC roller.

I can't really find an accurate weight, but I can take it to the scales if you are serious about buying it. I'm pretty sure that an FB shell would likely weigh at least a hundred pounds less, if not more. The only problem is finding a FB that isn't rusted all to hell...

I can't really find an accurate weight, but I can take it to the scales if you are serious about buying it. I'm pretty sure that an FB shell would likely weigh at least a hundred pounds less, if not more. The only problem is finding a FB that isn't rusted all to hell...

I can find them-I just cant get the turd's to call me back!!:dumb:

Yes, I am serious. I miss my old one, and I want to do it again with the RIGHT trans behind it. Let me know if weighting it is an issue...I really just wanted to keep it under 2300 dry if possible, since and FB would be 2000-2100 dry all said and done

I can find them-I just cant get the turd's to call me back!!:dumb:

Yes, I am serious. I miss my old one, and I want to do it again with the RIGHT trans behind it. Let me know if weighting it is an issue...I really just wanted to keep it under 2300 dry if possible, since and FB would be 2000-2100 dry all said and done

just do it, or go on a diet.

Following parts are sold:

Koyo Radiator + Black Magic E-Fan

HKS SSQV BOV

Racing Beat Oil Filter Pedestal Block

Magnacore 10mm Sparkplug Wires

Racing Beat Oil Cooler Lines

Flexible radiator hose

Greddy Catch Can

Greddy Turbo Timer

Remaining parts for sale:

Motor build thread: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=737054

Pictures of parts for sale: http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20For%20Sale/

Full peripheral port motor: Custom intake manifolds, rotary barrel throttle bodies, alumium oil pan, 2x 1000cc injectors, 4x 1600cc injectors, fuel rails, hardlines, FPR /guage, throttle cable. The motor has been built with an FD eshaft, FD stationary gears, RA Black seals, S5 middle iron, RB oil pressure regulator, stock S5 flywheel, and S5 rotors. Also includes an alternator relocation bracket. This motor just made 588whp at 18psi. $1850

Pair of custom peripheral port housings: Identical intake ports as the motor above, but still has stock exhaust ports. Includes two matching v-band flanges and clamps for the intake manifold. $640

1990 Black GTUs Rolling Shell: Very rare, 125k miles, Rebuilt salvage title (Due to paint damage from falling glass). Includes T2 aluminum hood with Aerocatch hood pins. Has a 6-point cage TIG welded in. All sound deadening has been dry-iced and chipped out. Includes full black interior (mostly not installed) $850

4" Turboback Exhaust: Full 304SS. Has a Magnaflow presilencer and muffler. DP bolts up to a T6 turbine and is connected to the rest of the exhaust with an SS v-band flange. Could use a few more exhaust hangers welded on. $300

2 304SS 4" Mufflers: One DNA used briefly. Other one unsure of brand, but brand new. $65 each.

ACT Maxx Extreme Pressure Plate & 6-puck solid disc: Maybe 50 miles on it. $300

Two Kirky Aluminum seats: One is small (16" wide), includes cover and welded on mounts, the other is large (18" wide) and does not have a cover or welded on mounts. $300 for both.

Pair of G-force Cam-lock Harnesses: One has been mounted once and the other is still new in the box. $165 for the pair.

MazdaRacing Short Shifter & Knob: Includes short shifter kit w/bushings, custom aluminum shift knob, aftermarket black leather shift boot, and plastic housing. $180

Alternator: World class remanufactured, maybe 200 miles on it. Comes with a rotor shaped aluminum dual pulley. $95

Haltech Ignitor: Used on dyno once. $35

Racing Beat Engine Torque Brace: Powdercoated blue. $40

4" Dia K&N Filter: About 12" long. $35

Intake Temp Gauge: Nordskog digital. Temperature probe was installed, guage is still new in box. $55

Optima Red Top Battery: Around two years old. $50

HBC Manual Boost Controller: Brand new in box. $75

Stock FC Oil Cooler: $35

S5 T2 Transmission: Works great, no grinds. Includes UHMW solid mounts $195

S5 T2 Driveshaft: $45

T2 Starter: $45

16 Gallon Plastic Fuel Cell: Comes with a custom o-ringed mechanical fuel guage. $120

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump: Comes with aeromotive inline fuel filter $195

UHMW Solid motor mounts: Includes mounting hardware. $35

Greddy FMIC Kit: Includes the inlet and outlet pipe that came with it, but not a full kit. Will include couplers (4) and t-bolt clamps (8). $275

Still for sale with reduced prices:

1990 Black GTUs Rolling Shell: Very rare, 125k miles, Rebuilt salvage title (Due to paint damage from falling glass). Includes T2 aluminum hood with Aerocatch hood pins. Has a 6-point cage TIG welded in. All sound deadening has been dry-iced and chipped out. Includes full black interior (mostly not installed) Drivetrain is sold. $700

4" Turboback Exhaust: Full 304SS. Has a Magnaflow presilencer and muffler. DP bolts up to a T6 turbine and is connected to the rest of the exhaust with an SS v-band flange. Could use a few more exhaust hangers welded on. $275

2 304SS 4" Mufflers: One DNA used briefly. Other one unsure of brand, but brand new. $40 each.

ACT Maxx Extreme Pressure Plate & 6-puck solid disc: Maybe 50 miles on it. $280

Two Kirky Aluminum seats: One is small (16" wide), includes cover and welded on mounts, the other is large (18" wide) and does not have a cover or welded on mounts. $260 for both.

One G-force Camlock 5-pnt harness: Mounted, but other than that brand new. Good until 2013. $80

MazdaRacing Short Shifter & Knob: Includes short shifter kit w/bushings, custom aluminum shift knob, aftermarket black leather shift boot, and plastic housing. $140

Alternator: World class remanufactured, maybe 200 miles on it. Comes with a rotor shaped aluminum dual pulley. $60

Haltech Ignitor: Used on dyno once. $20

Racing Beat Engine Torque Brace: Powdercoated blue. $20

4" Dia K&N Filter: About 12" long. $20

Intake Temp Gauge: Nordskog digital. Temperature probe was installed, guage is still new in box. $40

Optima Red Top Battery: Around two years old. $40

HBC Manual Boost Controller: Brand new in box. $70

Stock FC Oil Cooler: $30

S5 T2 Transmission: Works great, no grinds. Includes UHMW solid mounts $160

S5 T2 Driveshaft: $30

T2 Starter: $30

UHMW Solid motor mounts: Includes mounting hardware. $30

Greddy FMIC Kit: Includes the inlet and outlet pipe that came with it, but not a full kit. Will include couplers (4) and t-bolt clamps (8). $240