i have stamina

EagleCock

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is homeownership treatin ya Schmuckgirl??

Really good. It's so nice to actually have a garage to tuck the bikes and my car in at night.... I'm making preparations to have a raised bed vegetable garden this summer.... Kinda been slacking on interior upgrades but we'll get new carpet and new interior doors once I have more money and that will make things look alot better.

It's no mansion but it's a comfy home and I feel grateful that I was able to buy when I did.

How is the new position at your work?

Really good. It's so nice to actually have a garage to tuck the bikes and my car in at night.... I'm making preparations to have a raised bed vegetable garden this summer.... Kinda been slacking on interior upgrades but we'll get new carpet and new interior doors once I have more money and that will make things look alot better.

It's no mansion but it's a comfy home and I feel grateful that I was able to buy when I did.

How is the new position at your work?

It's going rather well actually. It's so much better than being the average counter person. I like having the extra responsibilties cuz then I actually get to maintain some form of business throughout the day(Saturdays excluded of course.

Yea, interior renovations is what I'm working on right now, my entire kitchen is being rodone, I got new cabinets, stove, and putting up drywall. Its a pain in the ass but its goona be great once its all finished!

Yea, interior renovations is what I'm working on right now, my entire kitchen is being rodone, I got new cabinets, stove, and putting up drywall. Its a pain in the ass but its goona be great once its all finished!

I thought you lived at home? Are you redoing your parent's house?

I thought you lived at home? Are you redoing your parent's house?

Well I do, but it's my parent's house and it's a duplex. The house 200 something years old and their half is completely finished. My half is nowhere near finished. As part of the agreement for not paying rent in the other apartment I either can live with no sink and wcracking plaster and light fixtures from the 20's or I can fix it up myself and have a nice place. I've been doing drywall since I was 10 so thats no big deal. The only thing I needed help with was the plumbing issue. My stepdad will re wire it for me because I'm terrified of electricty but most of the stuff I am taking care of myself.. I want my place to be nice!! :)

Well I do, but it's my parent's house and it's a duplex. The house 200 something years old and their half is completely finished. My half is nowhere near finished. As part of the agreement for not paying rent in the other apartment I either can live with no sink and wcracking plaster and light fixtures from the 20's or I can fix it up myself and have a nice place. I've been doing drywall since I was 10 so thats no big deal. The only thing I needed help with was the plumbing issue. My stepdad will re wire it for me because I'm terrified of electricty but most of the stuff I am taking care of myself.. I want my place to be nice!! :)

Could you give me the skinny on the drywalling, ( maybee just a DIY or somethin ) I need to take down some panneling and do drywall on 2 small walls in my great room, but I'm a chef not a drywaller ! LOL I'll cook ribs and steaks if someone can help me out ???

wow, I can only imagine what kinds of issues you run into when you are renovating a house of that age....

I want to learn how to lay tile and do the two upstairs bathrooms. It will look so much better than laminate floor.

Could you give me the skinny on the drywalling, ( maybee just a DIY or somethin ) I need to take down some panneling and do drywall on 2 small walls in my great room, but I'm a chef not a drywaller ! LOL I'll cook ribs and steaks if someone can help me out ???

My husband and I are actually finishing our basement right now. What do you need to know about drywalling? What type to use, thickness...etc.?

What is everyone eating for lunch? Me....slimfast and salad. Trying to drop 30 lbs I picked up after separating from the Air Force. Blah.

I found these awesome cod filets at Sam;s so I think I'm going to have a sandwich and some rice. I too, have a few pounds to lose but its from winter doldrums.

I just discovered that there is an access point to the Alum Creek Trail near my new place, so I'm pretty excited to get back into rollerblading this summer for exercise. I should run too, but my knees are crap.

Slimfast and salad doesn't sound very filling.... aren't you ready to gnaw your arm off by dinner time?

My husband and I are actually finishing our basement right now. What do you need to know about drywalling? What type to use, thickness...etc.?

Yes , That's my problem, I have no idia where to start, except for pulling it down. They used liquid nail to attach the oak squares ! I have to sand all that off right ? It's not panneling, it's expensive shit, but it makes my room too dark !

I'm also concerned I'll put too much mudd on ?? Then have a ton of sanding too ??

I always worry I'll fuck something up ?? LOL till I just tear into jobs :D

What is everyone eating for lunch? Me....slimfast and salad. Trying to drop 30 lbs I picked up after separating from the Air Force. Blah.

I'm making a blackened pork loin, redskin mashed pot. gravy and corn on the cobb !! Oh and I'm taking some home too for later !! :p

I'm such a nice boss !!

Depends on whats behind there... I'm dealing with plaster so its a giant pain in the ass! behind my plaster is brick..

Yes , That's my problem, I have no idia where to start, except for pulling it down. They used liquid nail to attach the oak squares ! I have to sand all that off right ? It's not panneling, it's expensive shit, but it makes my room too dark !

I'm also concerned I'll put too much mudd on ?? Then have a ton of sanding too ??

I hate mudding, and thats the step I'm at now in the living room, and the cablinets and plumbing are almost finished! I just cant wait to get finished. It sucks now that the season has begun. I wont be able to get on it for another couple weeks cuz of Jennings..

Okay, so you are tearing down paneling. What is it attached to? Cause it is attached to a wood frame, then all you have to do is pull it down, throw up some .5 inch drywall (use 1 inch for the ceiling if you are doing that too) lengthwise. Don't try to saw the drywall, score it with a rasor or knife, then it will break apart. Then you use regular screws to screw it to the frame. Use drywall tape over the screw heads, and along the scemes. Putty the crap out of it, let it dry and sand it smooth. Paint...then wa la! You have a wall. :D You can also google this kind of thing. That is what my husband and I did. Turns out, he is so anal, he did a better job in our basement than the builder did on our house. Once you do things yourself, you realize how bad others jack things up.

Slimfast and salad doesn't sound very filling.... aren't you ready to gnaw your arm off by dinner time?

Um. Yeah, but I try to think that hunger is a good thing sometimes. Need to train myself. Plus, I have a lot of reserves my body can use if need be :D

Okay, so you are tearing down paneling. What is it attached to? Cause it is attached to a wood frame, then all you have to do is pull it down, throw up some .5 inch drywall (use 1 inch for the ceiling if you are doing that too) lengthwise. Don't try to saw the drywall, score it with a rasor or knife, then it will break apart. Then you use regular screws to screw it to the frame. Use drywall tape over the screw heads, and along the scemes. Putty the crap out of it, let it dry and sand it smooth. Paint...then wa la! You have a wall. :D You can also google this kind of thing. That is what my husband and I did. Turns out, he is so anal, he did a better job in our basement than the builder did on our house. Once you do things yourself, you realize how bad others jack things up.

Thanks for witing that out for me dollface ! Seems pretty cut and dry !

puns intended !! :D