Netflix... again?

verse

Our will be $20 a month. That's too much. Maybe if I could stream whatever movie I wanted whenever I wanted, but that's not the case. Half the time shit isn't available for streaming and we do not watch near enough movies to justify $20/month.

However, our sub is currently gifted, so why do I even care right now? :fuckyeah:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this, Im going to cancel my service once the price increases. in September. Im betting alot of people cancel their service as well.

I'm not I don't care about the increase, its still cheaper than cable movie channels or buying the movie itself on DVD or blu-ray

I should have expected as much on CR.

I am thinking about cancelling- to their credit they had to make an increase as they had to decrease demand as they cannot keep up with the stream load. Just not that big of one imo

Dude, I could "afford" to drive a new BMW, that doesnt mean I should have to. It's about the doubling of prices

Shouldn't it be about the value of what you get for the money?

Show me a better option that doesn't involve lower quality, or my having to go get the movie and be responsible to drop it off in time. Both of those already exist and do cost less, but should because they deliver lower value.

I'm keeping my subscription.. When I get bored I can always find some bs to watch to pass the time on my cell, computer, xbox, etc.

I used it on my iPad during my travels via Verizon 4G. Even worked in the car without issue. :ninja:

I canceled a year ago because their streaming selection sucks. Has it gotten any better? I use hulu and mega video mostly and some chinese sites, but I don't mind 80s antenna quality.

"Why Netflix Wants You to ‘Just Say No’ to DVDs"

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/07/netflix-fees-increase-dvd/

interesting results on the survey there. consumer insights is a key thing many companies don't look into spending money on prior to making decisions. I would have though Netflix was a bit more up on things and would have just come out, explained what that artical did, and asked it's subscribers their opinions. they could have also posted a survey for the general public and analyzed the results.

^^That's the truth for sure. I honestly think if I am going to cancel one service it'll be the streaming.

As an example, I have only caught bits and pieces of the show Breaking Bad, and I would really like to catch up on it, and just watch it from the beginning. PERFECT example of something that'd be great to watch streaming, because you could go back-to-back on the episodes. When I go to Netflix though, guess what? IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE ON DISC!

Even the shows they have streaming only have certain portions available online. For instance, I love the show Dexter, and the first 2 seasons are available streaming, which is great, but if you want to watch seasons 3 or 4...disc only. It's situations like this which make it completely frustrating to try to use Netflix streaming only and why I can't justify that as my only service.

we watched the first 5 seasons of weeds on there...

I watched some Weeds on there and it was great, so I switched to Californication...which was also great, until season 2 when you have to switch to disc.