Cigar Recommendations

RC K9

I only smoke cuban cohibas.

Of those that you have smoked... what percentage were real? Let me guess. ALL!!!! not.

Did you buy them south of the US in a shop other than a Casa Del Habano?

Did you buy them north of the US in a shop other than a Casa Del Habano?

Im not saying that Casa de Habano is the only place ot buy real... But i am saying that a lot of places out there sell fakes to unsuspectign victims.

When i was in St. Lucia I found about 8 shops selling them... all fake. Cept for the duty free store on the dock where the crusie ships landed.

Be careful...

EDIT - also, saying "i only smoke CC cohibas" makes you seem like a cigar snob... when in fact, i bet you dont know all that much about cigars... hence the reason you said that.... so it either makes you seem like an elitist or a dumbass poser.

I have honestly thought about going on another cruise to Isla Roatan to get some more Moncada cigars. The dude sits there rolling them on the dock and they are some of the best I've had.

• 2 weeks later...
Of those that you have smoked... what percentage were real? Let me guess. ALL!!!! not.

Did you buy them south of the US in a shop other than a Casa Del Habano?

Did you buy them north of the US in a shop other than a Casa Del Habano?

Im not saying that Casa de Habano is the only place ot buy real... But i am saying that a lot of places out there sell fakes to unsuspectign victims.

When i was in St. Lucia I found about 8 shops selling them... all fake. Cept for the duty free store on the dock where the crusie ships landed.

Be careful...

EDIT - also, saying "i only smoke CC cohibas" makes you seem like a cigar snob... when in fact, i bet you dont know all that much about cigars... hence the reason you said that.... so it either makes you seem like an elitist or a dumbass poser.

All were purchased in the box with a cuban tax stamp on them. All were purchased outside the united states. Odds are, all were Cuban in origin. The first box of Siglio IVs I purchased were in Spain. The box of Robustos I purchased came from a small tobaconist in the UK. I don't buy cigars from Canada. I typically buy them in Europe from good shops that have had ties to Cuba since way before the US ban.

I prefer Cuban cigars because the top leaf wrapper has more oil than most and the smoke has a spice note that I enjoy. I have smoked all different types of cigars, I prefer to smoke these. I do like Romeo & Julietta, Don Julio, its just I feel as though the smoke from Cohibas is a bit more complex and I personally enjoy them more than any other wrapper.

Calling me an Elitist or a Dumbass poser is the lowest form of keyboard warfare. you don't even know me. I guess having once been on a cruise to St Lucia means you are an expert so I defer to your expert opinion. Please continue to educate us with your cigar knowledge and your typing prowess.

No

No

No

No

&

No

All were purchased in the box with a cuban tax stamp on them. All were purchased outside the united states. Odds are, all were Cuban in origin. The first box of Siglio IVs I purchased were in Spain. The box of Robustos I purchased came from a small tobaconist in the UK. I don't buy cigars from Canada. I typically buy them in Europe from good shops that have had ties to Cuba since way before the US ban.

I prefer Cuban cigars because the top leaf wrapper has more oil than most and the smoke has a spice note that I enjoy. I have smoked all different types of cigars, I prefer to smoke these. I do like Romeo & Julietta, Don Julio, its just I feel as though the smoke from Cohibas is a bit more complex and I personally enjoy them more than any other wrapper.

Calling me an Elitist or a Dumbass poser is the lowest form of keyboard warfare. you don't even know me. I guess having once been on a cruise to St Lucia means you are an expert so I defer to your expert opinion. Please continue to educate us with your cigar knowledge and your typing prowess.

hell yes!!

Also had a Padron Maduro the other weekend. Rolled kind of in a rectangular shape. It was good but I still like the Done and Oliva better. I may just be a Don/Oliva nut-swinger as I haven't found anything I like as much or more in 2 years...

This was at the cigar shop I frequent...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=474&pictureid=5301

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of my Meershaums...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=5343&albumid=474&dl=1312572842&thumb=1

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=5342&albumid=474&dl=1312572842&thumb=1

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=5344&albumid=474&dl=1312572842&thumb=1

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=5345&albumid=474&dl=1312572857&thumb=1

• 2 weeks later...
Also had a Padron Maduro the other weekend. Rolled kind of in a rectangular shape. It was good but I still like the Done and Oliva better. I may just be a Don/Oliva nut-swinger as I haven't found anything I like as much or more in 2 years...

This was at the cigar shop I frequent...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=474&pictureid=5301

I finally got to try the 601 blue label. It was nice and definitely had a little ass behind it. Definitely gave me the stomach feel. I then had a Liga Privada No. 9. Wow. That was quite possibly the best smoke that I have had in awhile. Great construction, great draw, great taste, unfortunately not a great price :( Well worth it though.