Scion FT-86

Berto

Why does anyone care what they hell it's named? I could understand if it was called the faggotmobile or the KKK, but it's not. It's called Scion. Which is a Toyota. Just like Lexus. Same company. Imagine that.

It's so trivial. lol

+1 :lol:

side view reminds me of 370z. needs moar v6 and for that price, why not get a 370(used)?

The only thing that could save it if it was a really well balance car. other than that low on power and nothing new in the looks dept

I think your on it. The 86/SR-5 were under powered, but could handle with any car on the market that had way more money sunk it. I have a sneaky feeling that with the boxer engine, Toyota is keeping the weight center of gravity low and balanced in order to basically make it handle like a go-cart. We will see. I do agree with the previous post that it should be turbocharged at 25K. The problem with the car the new car is it better be worth the money, because it's not that hard to take an old SR-5, add parts/engine/turbo, and be a tough car to deal with on the road.

This car will be great.... In 10 years when they can be had for less than 10k and all of the aftermarket support is there. I bet the power levels are decent though if it is direct injection. probably over 200hp in NA form

My assumption is they are branding it a Scion so they can build it to a lower standard without worrying about the image of Toyota when it turns into a POS. Just my guess - otherwise why WOULDN'T you brand it a Toyota, which is severly lacking any car that could even slightly raise your pulse. You would be hard pressed to find a blander brand lineup than the current Toyota car lineup (well, maybe Buick, but that is even debateable).

I thought creating Scion and blanderizing Toyota was the whole point. Toyota's cash crop vehicles (Corolla and Camry) gave the brand a boring image and kept the young people away that care about such things. Instead of catering the core brand to a minority of their customers they marginalized them with a new brand.

Scion = younger demographics

Toyota = Middle aged - Older boring practical no frills

Lexus = Luxury

I thought creating Scion and blanderizing Toyota was the whole point. Toyota's cash crop vehicles (Corolla and Camry) gave the brand a boring image and kept the young people away that care about such things. Instead of catering the core brand to a minority of their customers they marginalized them with a new brand.

Scion = Retarded people mesmerized by sparkles and bling.

Toyota = Middle aged - Older boring practical no frills

Lexus = Luxury

Fixed

Fixed

:lolguy:

Honestly, if they can keep the weight to 2700-2800lbs, give it 50/50 weight balance and have a good suspension under it, it should be a fun little car to drive. Would make a good autocross car if you can get enough camber out of it.

lol@ MX-5 being fwd, lol.

And second, if the car was called the Faggot, just about every member of CR would buy one and then deny having it. :masturboy:

lol

:lolguy:

Honestly, if they can keep the weight to 2700-2800lbs, give it 50/50 weight balance and have a good suspension under it, it should be a fun little car to drive. Would make a good autocross car if you can get enough camber out of it.

Im hoping for that weight to be at least 300lbs less. You know, 10yrs ago, this topic and that weight you listed would never go hand and hand. Im just saying , I rememeber when anything weighing near 3k was heavy as shit. Now, we think anything under 3k lbs is light. lol

To me, for what they're going for, it needs to be 2500 or less. Sure, I'd like a 2000lb car, but with todays safety, entertainment, electric everything and need to keep the price down, ie; not building the car out of carbon fiber, I still feel that's a realistic weight.