Scion FT-86

Berto

It's a collab with Subaru. It'll have a flat 4 2.5L, likely available as N/A with around 180-200hp and a turbo variant with around 265hp. (Essentially Subaru 2.5i and WRX motors, but it's not clear if it will use a side-mounted or front-mounted turbo.) It's also not 100% clear if it will arrive on US shores as a Toyota or a Scion.

Subaru will have a version also. It will also be RWD however. The engine sits too far back in the chassis for the Subaru transmission to connect to the front wheels. Noone's sure if Subaru will be bringing it to the US though.

Hopefully they will hit their weight target of sub-3000lbs. With the drivetrain layout, low CG engine, and "front-mid" positioning, it should be a very good handling car.

The engine is a 2.0L with direct injection. It will be sold as a Scion here in the US beginning in 2012, but is is unknown whether the Subaru variant will be available here. I've started to think lately that since Subaru is separating the Impreza line from the WRX for the future maybe the coupe will come a year or two after the Scion version and be called a WRX.

In my opinion the car looks very good, but based on the figures just seems to be a much much better looking MX-5.

Why does anyone care what they hell it's named? I could understand if it was called the faggotmobile or the KKK, but it's not. It's called Scion. Which is a Toyota. Just like Lexus. Same company. Imagine that.

It's so trivial. lol

$25k? Why not buy a V6 mustang that will do everything better for the same price?

+1

If that car had a chance, it would be 20K, and turbocharged at that price.

Then people would say hmmm, what a deal!

Not 25K for some lame 180hp N/A shitmobile.