Anyone with a 99-02 7.3 F250/350?

tristanlee85

I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out why my truck no longer starts. I have check all fuses, relays, cleaned all grounds, ran through the diagnosis on AllData and still no start. The symptoms are Wait to start and SES light no longer come on (SES sometimes flashes for a split second when the ignition is turned on), fuel pump doesn't kick on, injectors don't fire. Nothing has been changed at all regarding the wiring recently. I started last Thursday when I backed it out of the garage and come Tuesday it does nothing but crank over. My Superchips programmer can't even connect to the PCM to read DTCs or alter the tune.

I live in Jeffersonville, but am hoping someone has a spare PCM or is willing to let me try their PCM (or try mine) to rule out whether my computer is bad.

My Superchips programmer can't even connect to the PCM to read DTCs or alter the tune.

I live in Jeffersonville, but am hoping someone has a spare PCM or is willing to let me try their PCM (or try mine) to rule out whether my computer is bad.

While I'm no guru about stuff like this, this is where my mind headed when you said you had checked everything else.

Have you checked power/ground going to the ECU?

Have you checked power out of the PCM to things like Crank/Cam sensors and the operation of those sensors? If it is not seeing the engine rotating it won't fire the injectors. Check power to the DLC also. I would suspect PCM outputs are bad since the DLC is not working, the dash is not functioning properly and you have a crank no start condition.

It should still turn on the fuel pump and the Wait To Start light with the ignition on before cranking which it no longer does. I did check the cam sensor though with my oscilloscope. It's definitely working, but that was before I realized all the other common stuff that always comes on before starting no longer comes on.