3/22 MEGA picture-post.

Benyen Soljax

Looks like a fun time! Dallas your new bike is lookin pretty sexy :D How do you like it? Sorry to hear bout the two wrecks.

i love it.. but towards the end of the trip made me nervous seeing people go down.. i didnt want to scratch up my baby lol

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was behind Wendi when she low sided. She did everything right, including staying off the brakes through the turn. I saw her rear get a little squirrelly so I got off the throttle, then she stood it up and headed off the side of the road. Good thing she got off the road before she laid it down, hate to think what might have happened at that blind turn!

Like I told her when she asked if she was going too fast and what she did wrong, she was going too fast for the road conditions (conditions that she didn't know about until it was too late). Other than that, she did everything right! Glad she's OK, sorry she was chucking tools and shit at the rest of you folks!

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=17239&highlight=mid+ohio

once you go track you will never look at those roads the same ever again.

not posting that for starting drama, just it would be a safer environment for you guys to push your bikes without worrying about outside variables.

and it would be even better for the guys/gals who are new, as they wont have to worry about whats around the bend and concentrate on form and positioning.

Edited by natedogg624

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=17239&highlight=mid+ohio

once you go track you will never look at those roads the same ever again.

not posting that for starting drama, just it would be a safer environment for you guys to push your bikes without worrying about outside variables.

and it would be even better for the guys/gals who are new, as they wont have to worry about whats around the bend and concentrate on form and positioning.

Yup i signed up for Mid Ohio at the end of next month.

Go ahead and think what you want Ben. The larger the group, the greater your chances of crashing are going to be. Math is math...

The group was split in essentially three parts...

1) fast/hitting the twisties hard

2) fast but not hitting the twisties that hard

3) slow and easy

Miles of space between the groups, and plenty of space between the riders, which would explain why when someone went down they didn't take anyone with them and didn't cause any chain reactions.

I will agree that the larger the group the greater chance of SOMEONE, not anyone in particular, but SOMEONE will go down. That's just numbers. if you're saying there's more of a chance of me going down because I'm riding in a group, you may want to go take a statistics class or two.

The entire GS500F front fairing goes for about 142 bucks at discount plus shipping. (and it's already yellow)

The swingarm is about 153 discount plus shipping, 50-100 bucks used.

New bearings (4) for swingarm if needed, maybe 44 bucks.

Plus all the little pieces; chain, sprocket, turn signals, etc.

the oil cooler looked ok, and the tank is ok?

Maybe 500 bucks total.

Most bikes just fall over and cost more than that...

Make a list of all the parts needed.

Start checking ebay and the central ohio motorcycle junkyards for parts.

I just buy new at discount mail-order. 3 or 4 weeks and it can be back riding again.

Nate, I've been riding for over 20 years. Cut my motorcycle teeth on the dirt track, spent way too much time and money on flat track during my 20s... I know the benefits, respect the benefits, but when a jackass that wasn't even there starts preaching that someone went down because they were riding over their heads and didn't have enough track time, it kinda pisses me off. All the time and miles I did on the track in my hay day definitely paid off, but the groomed track doesn't do shit to teach you how to deal w/the real world road conditions of post winter salt, sand, and gravel. You can only get that experience by riding those conditions.

In regards to the neg rep..........

Edited by AOW
too hostile

please please tell me where i said people were riding over their heads or didn't have enough track time.

all i did was post a link to the track day thread, if you are making those implications off of that take a step outside and get some fresh air.

just another way for people to have fun without the stress of wondering whats around the next corner

chillax. here's a candy bar for your troubles.

:plus1: AOW!

I've been on the track and loved it. But I'm a road rider. I'd ride the track all the time if it was free and close by. But I enjoy the street WAY MUCH!:cool: An accident is that, an accident. It can happen to anyone. I don't let fear keep me off the street. I love street riding. Street riding is what most people do and love. :cheers:

Recon, good looking out. All the engine parts look to be fine, just the sprocket and swing arm. actually I dont see any teeth in the sprocket missing either.

Might be a better day then thought.

Minus flying wrenches at my face.

Probably could drill and helicoil the swingarm for new threads. Whatever the previous length of threads in the swingarm were, it will be just as strong if the same length of threads is replaced with a helicoil.

When you get the swingarm off, stick straight rods through pivot and wheel axle locations, stand back, and see if they are parallel. Got to check for bent or twisted swingarm. Or just buy one, 150 bucks is cheap enough.

The sprocket should be checked real close, for bent or cracked teeth. I'd be tempted to just get a new one for that also.

To Benyen and AOW. obviously I meant SOMEONE and not you specifically. But at least it gave you something to chime in about so you're welcome.

fixed it for ya! I get what your saying, but pretty sure it's gonna be lost on most of us on this thread as we weren't the ones that went down.

AOW i wanted to say i or we appreciated you slowing down to wait for the "slow" or 3rd group behind ya to make sure everyone was ok.. I was keeping a slower pace just so i wouldn't be too far ahead but i really appreciated you slowing down and stopping also when you didnt have to..

Nate, I've been riding for over 20 years. Cut my motorcycle teeth on the dirt track, spent way too much time and money on flat track during my 20s... I know the benefits, respect the benefits, but when a jackass that wasn't even there starts preaching that someone went down because they were riding over their heads and didn't have enough track time, it kinda pisses me off. All the time and miles I did on the track in my hay day definitely paid off, but the groomed track doesn't do shit to teach you how to deal w/the real world road conditions of post winter salt, sand, and gravel. You can only get that experience by riding those conditions.

In regards to the neg rep..........

Positive rep........

Why do some people on here ALWAYS have to talk shit about someone else's skills or riding style?!! Especially if you weren't on the ride, this amazes me.

:beathorse: