top gear tonight

SRTurbo04

It was not as sucky as I thought it would be. The challenge was relatively...original but it still echoes of TG UK's challenges. The last challenge I did not like because it was too over the top (12 hours and converting a car to a 4x4 frame?) TG UK did what they could in 12 hours and pray for the best.

I'll still watch it because it's a car show. That dumbass with the gigantic mole on his cheek needs to be sacked IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I love watching top gear. I can watch it a whole day. I watched rerun episode with enthusiasm of a first timer.

I tried to watch the US version. I actually hoping and believing they'll get better. I watched the whole first season without missing once. This year, the first episode I felt asleep half way thru. They seriously need to do something about their casting.

I love watching top gear. I can watch it a whole day. I watched rerun episode with enthusiasm of a first timer.

I tried to watch the US version. I actually hoping and believing they'll get better. I watched the whole first season without missing once. This year, the first episode I felt asleep half way thru. They seriously need to do something about their casting.

haha, yeah...i NEVER miss a uk top gear, but i think i missed like 2 USA ones last year and this year, i don't mind missing it at all

top gear uk has some episodes on netflix...i often put them on just as background noise...my 3.5 yr old requests it frequently :)

• Upvote 1

I watched last nights US episode and season 2 is an improvement over season 1. I see the problems now being the lack of entertainment possessed the presenters. In order of least entertaining 1) skinny former race driver 2) the fat guy 3) the guy who also appears on rescue me.

IMO it has to do with the guys from the UK version have been doing it for what 17 season and where all film art radio people with a passion for cars. they blend a love for cars with entertainment. not so much on the US version

It is good that they are contouring the show to american viewers now instead of try to convert the UK challenges

• Upvote 1

I don't know why, but the US version seems to me like a cheap knock off of the UK version. Sometimes I get irritated just listening to these guys and how hard they try to be like the UK version.

yes. this. it drives me nuts. i wish they would just do their own thing and forget about the uk one.