First Handgun

unfunnyryan

http://i.imgur.com/iPDial.jpg

Turned 21 today, decided to go out and see whats available. I was interested originally in a PK380 since the P99 is out of production (and I like it more than the PPQ) and Aim-hi had just happened to of had one traded in just the day before :fuckyeah:

TL/DR: I buy P99 in .40SW, shoot it, feel warm and fuzzy inside. Did pretty solid groups for first time out.

in b4 cool story bro

Finally someone on here buys something other then a glock/M&P/XD. Very nice choice glad to see you got the Gen1 i think they are a lot prettier. i love my P99. which trigger did you get? DA/SA, QA or DAO? You will get used to the mag release pretty quick and it will make a lot more sense when your doing speed reloading and bringing it into your chest.

Finally someone on here buys something other then a glock/M&P/XD. Very nice choice glad to see you got the Gen1 i think they are a lot prettier. i love my P99. which trigger did you get? DA/SA, QA or DAO? You will get used to the mag release pretty quick and it will make a lot more sense when your doing speed reloading and bringing it into your chest.

Yep. None of the others appealed to me. I like glocks because I do believe they are fantastic guns, but I didn't find them comfortable enough.

I have the AS trigger, which is closest to a DA/SA setup, and amazing. I would have a hard time settling on anything else trigger wise. Plus, the trigger reset is insanely short, like .1"

Going to do a bunch of rounds tomorrow with it. My aim is pretty good, but I need practice since it shoots a bit low. Really need to have someone else fire it, to see if it is me or the gun that is low..

Yep. None of the others appealed to me. I like glocks because I do believe they are fantastic guns, but I didn't find them comfortable enough.

I have the AS trigger, which is closest to a DA/SA setup, and amazing. I would have a hard time settling on anything else trigger wise. Plus, the trigger reset is insanely short, like .1"

Going to do a bunch of rounds tomorrow with it. My aim is pretty good, but I need practice since it shoots a bit low. Really need to have someone else fire it, to see if it is me or the gun that is low..

if it is shooting low the gun comes with 3 different height front sights.

I don't have the other sights for it unfortunately. Although I took it back out today and have found my self shooting it a bit better, so I may not need them at all :) I just need to improve my grip I think.

do you have the 3 different sized backstraps for the grip?

Glock>everything else. Nice looking pistol though, hope you enjoy it.