Detroit Dearborn Michigan=Shithole

Cordell

I would say roaches are not very common in more northern areas of the U.S. But down south, they breed like no tomorrow. When I was in the Air Force in Mississippi, you'd walk out of the barracks at night and see a bunch of them on the sides of the brick buildings. Big ones, too. I can count the number of times on one hand I've actually seen a cockroach in Ohio.

you have to remember with these online hotel deal sites they are bargaining with hotels that have empty rooms;they might have have empty rooms for a reason.

We had a similar run in with a hotel in denver where they were closing and leveling it the day after we left. We still use the the sites, but we check the actual hotel ratings before we pull the trigger.

Hater!!!!! lol

I lived in Flint for school from 2000-2005. There were students that were woken up at gun point, marched to the living room, and forced to stand againt the wall while guys emptied their house of all valuab

es. As bad as it was then, I hear it's worse now.

Michigan drivers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not even go there few Ohio drivers have shown me any sign of intelligence. KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lived in Flint for school from 2000-2005. There were students that were woken up at gun point, marched to the living room, and forced to stand againt the wall while guys emptied their house of all valuabes. As bad as it was then, I hear it's worse now.

Kettering I assume?

Yea its all gated up hard core now.

Michigan drivers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, honestly I have no problem with Michigan drivers. When I drive to see my father in Kalamazoo, people drive insanely fast on I-94, but they obey the law of getting the fuck out of my way and into the right lane... :nod:

Yeah, honestly I have no problem with Michigan drivers. When I drive to see my father in Kalamazoo, people drive insanely fast on I-94, but they obey the law of getting the fuck out of my way and into the right lane... :nod:

and the ones that dont, have ohio plates on them! :gabe:

jk jk

Edited by AC66Bronco

God hates Michigan. True story. So much, he used up all his material on them and moved on to Cleveland. Next is Dayton, Cincy, Toledo, and then out west to finish off California.

hell just go to california now!!!

i hate that place

Don't get me started on Dearborn. I have to unfortunately support some insurance agents there and they are always douche bags. I thought New York agents were pushy and aggressive but Dearborn is worse.

Yea. wont catch me down there with a family at night. At least with out a gun. Now flint about 10 years ago you could go out to the "cruse" and be out all night with a bunch of cool ppl with some fast bad ass cars. now after the FF movies which i do enjoy dont get me wrong. It is all fucked up now and you have drug deals underage kids drinking stabbings and shootings.

so now you wont catch me there either with out at least 2 guns. there is a reason Flint is now rated the #1 worst place to live. Detroit used to be #1. hence me saying there is worse.

Good job on the reporting that hotel wish your family the best in not catching anything!

I lived in Flint for 4 years; it's a total shit hole but it's really not that dangerous in most areas.

The places that are dangerous you wouldn't want to visit anyway.

As bad as it was then, I hear it's worse now.

It's not. The worse that thing that happened while I was there was a few people mugged when walking around in the middle of the night. And cars get broken into. The same shit that happens on OSU campus. On the bright side, the police are so busy with real criminals that you can literally do whatever you want.

It's not. The worse that thing that happened while I was there was a few people mugged when walking around in the middle of the night. And cars get broken into. The same shit that happens on OSU campus. On the bright side, the police are so busy with real criminals that you can literally do whatever you want.

Last school term at Kettering there were 3 freshman walking back to the dorms at night. They were stopped and robbed at gun point. When the students only had a couple bucks cash on them the guy got mad and pistol whipped them in the face. Still sounds pretty violent to me.

Last school term at Kettering there were 3 freshman walking back to the dorms at night. They were stopped and robbed at gun point. When the students only had a couple bucks cash on them the guy got mad and pistol whipped them in the face. Still sounds pretty violent to me.

Right, but I could also tell you ten similar stories from OSU campus. I'm not saying nothing bad happens, but for the most part the frequency and severity gets greatly exaggerated, and it's not that much worse than a lot of other big schools.

NOPR where in Flint did you live? What bars did you go to?

I spent a lot of time in Flint and at OSU and I must say my experience on OSU's campus doesn't even compare to the stuff I saw in Flint.

To keep this on the subject of Dearborn; TLC has a new reality show about being a muslum in America where they follow 5 family's in Dearborn.

NOPR where in Flint did you live? What bars did you go to?

I spent a lot of time in Flint and at OSU and I must say my experience on OSU's campus doesn't even compare to the stuff I saw in Flint.

To keep this on the subject of Dearborn; TLC has a new reality show about being a muslum in America where they follow 5 family's in Dearborn.

I lived at the corner of Dupont and Flushing. We mostly went to Rube's, the Torch, or Churchill's. I do know a guy that got mugged walking to Rubes, but I also read about shit like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnlREKXll6c at OSU. Again, it's not like Flint is a great, safe place to be I just think it gets exaggerated a lot. I also think it has gotten a lot better as time has gone on, at least close to the school.

but anyway, Fun Fact: Dearborn has the second largest Arab population outside of the Middle East.