Detroit Dearborn Michigan=Shithole

Cordell

Warning: this is mostly just me bitching about a really bad experience.

So yesterday my family and I started out on our small vacation with plans to go to Cedar Point yesterday and the Henry Ford Museum today. We planned this late without much money allotted so we thought it would be fun without spending a fortune. Got up early and went to Cedar Point, we had a ball, Katelyn got to ride rollercoasters for the first time, got her over the anxiety of Top Thrill Dragster, all in all a great time. After that we traveled up to Dearborn to the Hotel we had reserved. At check in the lady, not only rude, could not find record of my reservation which I had made online from their website. So she makes me call the corporate office to straighten it out, so after spending almost an hour getting checked in we go up and look at the room. It appears clean, we pulled the sheets down and again appears fine, so we decide to go get somethign to eat and since it's getting late we swing by McDonalds and wouldn't you know more really rude assholes. We go back and go to bed, well that lasted for about an hour before my daughter yells that there is a bug in her bed. My wife and I go over and inspect, fucking bed bugs, my wife flips out being a major bugophobe. We all stripped down put on fresh clothes from our luggage which was not near any bugs, and checked out of the hotel, got our money back, and was told that we could go down to their other location in Dearborn but since we had a little girl we wouldn't want to because there were prosititutes. We procede to get lost looking for other hotel possibilities at 2 AM driving through Detroit, so we found the freeway and drove all the way home on about an hour of sleep.

Now for anyone interested in visiting this area, the Victory Inn appears to be a clean decent place for a decent price, but it isn't. I couldn't find anything bad about them with a few basic searches online except for some trivial shit. So since we wanted to do this trip as cheaply as possible it wasn't a 5 star hotel, and having stayed in quite a few cheaper hotels as a kid with my parents wasn't expecting bed bugs, but I guess they have been making a comeback.

Cliffs, After a fun day at Cedar Point we wanted to spend the night in Dearborn and visit the Henry Ford Museum the next day. Everyone we delt with was a rude asshole, the people drive much worse then they do around here, and my trip was cut short due to bedbugs. The whole area of Detroit and Dearborn is a shithole, the hotel was in the nicest area I saw.

So early this morning when we got home we stripped our clothes off at the door and hosed them down with the bedbug killer we bought on the way home, and waited out side for each one of us to take a hot shower. We also completely hosed the car, luggage, and clothes we wore yesterday down with chemical as well. All of which is now in a hot cycle in the washer. Everywhere between the front door and shower got treated the same way, of which she is now going to town on the rest of our apartment. I hate bugs but she is livid, and she really has some type of phobia. Not only did we do everything we could keeping from bringing them home my apartment is getting treated at this time.

I travel for a living and have for years. Bed Bugs are the first thing I check for at any hotel. I don't even bring my bags in from propping open the door until I have inspect the bed and couches.

I usually stay in higher end suites and the kitchen is another area I Check for roaches. I've been in $300 night places with bugs but typically higher end chains are much safer but not immune.

We just got back from an extended weekend in Niagra Falls and true story that we had to move from a Marriott property to a HomewoodSuites suites due to roaches. Again a top notch Marriott but I found one as soon as I opened the cabinet. Took the bottle of champagne and checked the fuck out.

It is frustrating. My insight would have been to drive a bit further north to Troy. Better shopping up that way too. Wife would have liked that. Royal oak or birmingham are nice too.

There is worse....

Born and raised from FLINT!!!

did you check the bedbugregistry???

I didn't check the bedbugregistry before going, I didn't know there was a bedbugregistry, I just checked it and there isn't any reports. There will be here in a minute.

I thought like most places there are good and bad areas. I was actually in the nicer area of Dearborn near the edge of Dearborn away from Detroit. It seems to me now that Detroit/Dearborn just consists of bad and worse areas.

I didn't check the bedbugregistry before going, I didn't know there was a bedbugregistry, I just checked it and there isn't any reports. There will be here in a minute.

I thought like most places there are good and bad areas. I was actually in the nicer area of Dearborn near the edge of Dearborn away from Detroit. It seems to me now that Detroit/Dearborn just consists of bad and worse areas.

Yea. wont catch me down there with a family at night. At least with out a gun. Now flint about 10 years ago you could go out to the "cruse" and be out all night with a bunch of cool ppl with some fast bad ass cars. now after the FF movies which i do enjoy dont get me wrong. It is all fucked up now and you have drug deals underage kids drinking stabbings and shootings.

so now you wont catch me there either with out at least 2 guns. there is a reason Flint is now rated the #1 worst place to live. Detroit used to be #1. hence me saying there is worse.

Good job on the reporting that hotel wish your family the best in not catching anything!

I travel for a living and have for years. Bed Bugs are the first thing I check for at any hotel. I don't even bring my bags in from propping open the door until I have inspect the bed and couches.

I usually stay in higher end suites and the kitchen is another area I Check for roaches. I've been in $300 night places with bugs but typically higher end chains are much safer but not immune.

We just got back from an extended weekend in Niagra Falls and true story that we had to move from a Marriott property to a HomewoodSuites suites due to roaches. Again a top notch Marriott but I found one as soon as I opened the cabinet. Took the bottle of champagne and checked the fuck out.

It is frustrating. My insight would have been to drive a bit further north to Troy. Better shopping up that way too. Wife would have liked that. Royal oak or birmingham are nice too.

Sometimes roaches arent completely unavoidable though. My family owns shares in a high end time share. A few years ago we went out to Arizona (Sedona). Checked in and all that who ha. Well get to the room and dont see anything, go to leave for dinner and find a roach. Turns out their natural out there so having a condo on the first floor, you'll always have them in there. Ended up killing about 5-6 of them before the week was out.

Yea. wont catch me down there with a family at night. At least with out a gun. Now flint about 10 years ago you could go out to the "cruse" and be out all night with a bunch of cool ppl with some fast bad ass cars. now after the FF movies which i do enjoy dont get me wrong. It is all fucked up now and you have drug deals underage kids drinking stabbings and shootings.

so now you wont catch me there either with out at least 2 guns. there is a reason Flint is now rated the #1 worst place to live. Detroit used to be #1. hence me saying there is worse.

Good job on the reporting that hotel wish your family the best in not catching anything!

haha, I was in Flint 10 years ago and it was still a total shit hole full of crime.

Do what Tim said and stay north of the coty. Troy, Birmingham, Rochester, etc. Mouch nicer, and much safer.

So early this morning when we got home we stripped our clothes off at the door and hosed them down with the bedbug killer we bought on the way home, and waited out side for each one of us to take a hot shower. We also completely hosed the car, luggage, and clothes we wore yesterday down with chemical as well. All of which is now in a hot cycle in the washer. Everywhere between the front door and shower got treated the same way, of which she is now going to town on the rest of our apartment. I hate bugs but she is livid, and she really has some type of phobia. Not only did we do everything we could keeping from bringing them home my apartment is getting treated at this time.

this, sucks