Chevy vs. Ford HD Truck - Bed Bend Video

Linn1647545492

I drive a F150 almost every day (06 - company vehicle). No offroading, no towing, no hauling, just daily commuting - much of which is freeway driving. The number of problems this piece of shit has had at 52k miles now is unbelievable. My 4 year older Avalanche - which does tow frequently, does haul, has been offroad, has far more options that could break,and had 134k miles has been much more reliable and needed fewer repairs. Built "Ford Tough" my ass.

FYI, the new Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax is freaking sweet.

If I didn't need the ability to put the rear transfer case into neutral, I wouldn't own a GM Truck. Putting towing and payload abilities aside, because both trucks are basically equal. The Ford excels nearly every where else imho.

Comparing my 2010 F-150 Platinum to my 2011 Silverado HD Diesel.

Interior storage compartments are non existant in my Chevy. Where in the Ford, there are places everywhere to put stuff. Makes it really nice when traveling or doing a lot of things out of your truck. For work truck duties, the Ford just really fit the bill. And I like the man step. I'm sorry but it's just a hell of a lot easier getting in the truck bed with it.

Styling is always arguable, but unless your getting a GMC, the Chevy is just a little boring for me.

The paint on my Ford still looked new after 30k miles, where my Silverado was all swirly after only 3000 miles. Both trucks were black.

While I can't comment on Ford service because my truck was never in the shop even once... I can say GM Service sucks(at least the dealer I've been going too) Took like 3 trips for them to get my alignment right, and it still pulls left. Took two trips to get my truck to ride level(right side sat higher than left), there is currently a recall on it, and for the second time, I have a Tire Sensor error. That's a lot of BS for a truck with 10k miles. When questioning why they can't get it to drive straight, the response is "they all do that". The tire shake at 80mph is an added bonus and so is the fact the front bumper on the HD's doesn't fit properly. When I had a Towbar put on the front of my truck, they couldn't get it to fit without sending my truck to the body shop to have the bumper aligned properly.

I'd like to see all the big trucks get bigger rear cabs. My F150's rear seating was amazing. But the F250 and all the gm big trucks have very little room in the back for passengers.

Well that's my take on Ford vs Chevy. :)

Interior storage compartments are non existant in my Chevy. Where in the Ford, there are places everywhere to put stuff. Makes it really nice when traveling or doing a lot of things out of your truck.

What storage is in the Ford? In my Chevy I have an upper glovebox, lower glove box, center console, and a lockbox under the center console.

Every other Chevy I have owned had a glovebox and a center console, that's it. So my 2010 has twice the storage of the 2 2004's I have owned

here's an unbiased experiment run under an extremely controlled environment----

ford is on the left by the way

That's what happens when you do a body lift with hockey pucks lol

This is a real comparion for the type of driving that we go through in everyday life!

Not a foot in a half rock crawler type of scenarios!

I have seen a better video of this. lemme see if i can find it.

HERE IT IS, FOR THE TRUTH

BACK THAT UP

Same reason that Ford has been the best selling truck for 35yr

JUST SAYIN!!!!!!

Those two tests are irrelevant in so many ways. There are so many factors to consider here I don't even know where to start.

This is a real comparion for the type of driving that we go through in everyday life!

BACK THAT UP

JUST SAYIN!!!!!!

People that actually use their 4x4 HD trucks cross a ditch with a load in the bed all the time

What storage is in the Ford? In my Chevy I have an upper glovebox, lower glove box, center console, and a lockbox under the center console.

Every other Chevy I have owned had a glovebox and a center console, that's it. So my 2010 has twice the storage of the 2 2004's I have owned

You'd have to go check it out. My F150 had 4 cup holders, bigger center console, had a ledge on the dash for placing items, another ledge on the dash, further up, had several smaller compartments for putting items for easy reach. Then had a compartment to the right of the console that you could put papers etc.. in. and a simple enclosed sunglass compartment up top. In the back seat it had a very small compartment, but was just big enough for a small bag of misc tools.

All those little compartments come in very handy. I'd often place my phone and wallet on the top one, while driving if I was going to be in the truck all day. Got the crap out of my pockets. Plus if my coffee or something spilled, it wouldn't spill all over my phone because it was no where near it.

My chevy doesn't have a upper glove compartment, just a lower. If I would have opted for the LT(which I wish I would have), I would have gotten one.

The interior on my ford was also superior to my LTZ. Of course, apples to apples, I'm sure the denali GMC 2500hd would be more comparable looks wise to the Platinum F150.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Chevy. I'm just saying there are a lot of things that made me like the Ford a lot more. Easy access storage is the biggest.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/24442259/163_0907_08z+2010_ford_f150+platinum_interior_view.jpg

BACK THAT UP

JUST SAYIN!!!!!!

Looks to me that ultimately, it doesn't matter what truck you truck you buy. Live axles on leaf springs can't handle bumps. Every one of those trucks would have instantly spun out if the driver had had to make an evasive maneuver.

they have differant grills, kinda like the same chick with braces or not.

They may not be a pickup trucks but...

Explorer

http://www.bleaching-dental.com/img/news/181.jpg

Mountaineer

http://www.medicalonlinemedia.com/wp-content/images/braces.jpg

Aviator

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-26V_peFxmBo/Ta8goP41fKI/AAAAAAAACBI/FrvpMEv3IlQ/s400/diamond_tooth_grill.jpg

:lol: