Need suggestions on place to replace garage door ASAP

Nitrousbird

I need a reasonably priced place to have garage door replaced. The door at my Reynoldsburg property decided to start pulling itself apart. It is an older metal door that I have repaired in the past, but is beyond any sort of reasonable repair. 2-car garage door and the tracks need replaced. Door is chain driven with a spring and pulley on each side to balance the weight. Garage door opener was replaced with a 1/2HP Craftsman a couple years ago along with the springs and I believe I did the pulleys too.

Any suggestions on a place for this? I’ve never had any garage door repair done before and could use a fairly quick turnaround time by someone who won't bend me over backwards on price. I need to start making calls tomorrow morning as I really want to get this done by Monday if possible.

have you had someone look at it it?

We have had ours repaird a few times now. its always minor stuff..

Place in Wilson Road has always done us right.

Budget Door Inc

727 N Wilson Rd

Columbus, OH 43204

(614) 276-1100

I will give them a call tomorrow. If they can repair it, even better.

Go buy door, I will come over and help you put it in. I believe Home depot(brice rd)has alot of the odd ball sizes for those huber homes if in fact the size isnt standard.

Jason, I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I have been super busy with work and know this is going to be a project (more than just a door/rail swap - it is going to need alingment, probably additional bracing, etc as it was never done all that well to begin with). If I lived there I'd tackle it myself for sure, but since it is a 45 minute drive each way I just can't deal with a long project with it right now. :(

Mernards had a TV spot about garage doors being on say. IIRC the 16' x 7' 2 car door was under $200

this place is fail at best at everything they try to do. i would rather give lowes/depot the extra money any day of the week. im ok paying for good service.

tom

If just the top section is broken you can fix it, buy a 16'x3" strut and screw it to the top of the top section. If it looks too bad you can get a replacement section and just replace it.

I have worked on/installed garage doors for 15 years, and own the company I started working for now. It usually pisses people off when I tell them this, but if you get a new door, have a pro do it. I sell at least 10 a month cash+carry, and usually have 1-2 that I don't have to go fix after they install it.

I had Home Depot or Lowes replace mine and it wasn't bad for an insulated metal door, little over $1000 I believe.

Good, then hopefully mine will be less, as I sure as hell am not putting an insulated door on that house. Any extra money dumped into that place will never be seen in resale.

I ended up using Budget Door, and I met with them this morning. The door is shot. It is cracked through the door (you can see it in the front), and the guy told me this it is one of the cheapest doors made (and I believe him). They will be replacing EVERYTHING except the opener on Monday for $695 and fixing a bunch of BS the previous owner did when he installed the door. New rails, going to the top-mounted spring setup, the works.

Sucks I'm blowing $700 but I shouldn't have to deal with it again. Didn't seem like a bad price for all that has to be done to make this right.