Firewood - Where to get it near Delaware???

twistedfocus1647545489

I'm about to hit AEP Recreationland this weekend and just realized I'm all out of the firewood I had saved up from my last downed tree. Does anyone know where I can get a small pile of firewood for cheap around here? The gas stations have some but that shit sucks and is way overpriced.:dumb:

I just need enough to fill my hitch-mounted carrier, which is maybe 1/8th of a truck bed's volume or less.

Shit, I forgot about the bug issue.

I can probably find some along the way. I have been less than impressed with what's what I've seen for sale but I don't usually need wood so I haven't really looked I guess. I'll just have to look around a little more this time.

Didn't see the free wood posts until I got back. Thanks for the offers.

I didn't find ANY wood for sale along the way this time. I wound up setting up camp then venturing all the way back to some small town near Zanesville before I finally found a little country store selling wood (~30 mile round trip).

I need to look up the specifics on Emerald Ash Borer firewood restrictions. It sure would be nice to source my own as I have in the past but I don't want to be part of the problem, nor would I enjoy paying fines if I was caught. There are no signs about it down there. I know there are signs posted all over the campgrounds up here though. Sometimes sourcing firewood right from the woods around the camping areas is not so bad but the pickings were pretty slim this time.

The worst part is after buying $25 worth of wood, my dumb ass left the cooler out and we got raided by punk-ass raccoons. They took almost all of our food including beef, cheese, hot dogs, chocolate bars and the dog's bag of food with her toys/bone inside. I was so pissed I packed up the next evening and went home instead of shopping and coming back. I ended up giving most of my wood away. :mad:

Fuck Raccoons.

I didn't find ANY wood for sale along the way this time. I wound up setting up camp then venturing all the way back to some small town near Zanesville before I finally found a little country store selling wood (~30 mile round trip).

I need to look up the specifics on Emerald Ash Borer firewood restrictions. It sure would be nice to source my own as I have in the past but I don't want to be part of the problem, nor would I enjoy paying fines if I was caught. There are no signs about it down there. I know there are signs posted all over the campgrounds up here though. Sometimes sourcing firewood right from the woods around the camping areas is not so bad but the pickings were pretty slim this time.

The worst part is after buying $25 worth of wood, my dumb ass left the cooler out and we got raided by punk-ass raccoons. They took almost all of our food including beef, cheese, hot dogs, chocolate bars and the dog's bag of food with her toys/bone inside. I was so pissed I packed up the next evening and went home instead of shopping and coming back. I ended up giving most of my wood away. :mad:

Fuck Raccoons.

City boys shouldn't camp, just saying. Lol

Fuck Raccoons.

there are no restrictions anymore (in state). Any signs restricting anything is old.