Need to help a friend!

Kryptok

Hey guys, I have a friend that is getting frustrated with his Mustang

Car:1997 Mustang GT 4.6L

Problem:Randomly when he gets on it, it almost wants to stall then it finally starts accelerating. He's not apart of any forum like this or anything, so I thought I'd try to hook a brotha up! :fuckyeah:

He asked me if I knew anyone that works on Mustangs exclusively, so could you guys give me some pointers or someone to contact for him? Thanks in advance!

Oh and it's my birthday today so give me some happy birthdays!:lolguy:

• Downvote 1

It is modified.. he said he's put alot of money into it. But he had to go when we were talking so I didn't get much out of him. I'm assuming alot of miles. And sorry posting in the wrong section lol, just saw this section and went for it.

Dayum Jones, you're almost as quick as I am.

Well it would be helpful to know if it has done this since he owned it, or if it started after a modification or maintenance event. I don't know Mustangs particularly well but I'd start with plugs/wires/distributor cap. So this is random, only at higher throttle openings, and there aren't any other symptoms? No hard starting, poor fuel economy, bad idle, poor throttle response, etc?

Ill update you guys tomorrow after I talk to him and let you guys know.

I'm going to wait for a list of mods and more details before I give any opinion. There are a lot of simple issues that could cause an intermittent hesitation like you described.

90,980 miles. All add-ons were bought brand new from Jeg's.

When i initially started having this problem i was told it was crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, throttle position sensor or alternator. I replaced all with same results.

BBK exhaust(no cats), MAF, high performance fuel pump, BBK throttle body, aluminum pulleys, MSD Ignition w/ coils, E3 spark plugs, Ford Racing 9mm wires, BBK cold air.

When i had it dyno'd and chip installed he said he overrode the o2 sensors, so i have no o2 sensors with straight exhaust.

I talked to a friend yesterday who said he was experiencing the same problem i'm having but it was on a Dodge truck. Said he replaced ignition coil and has not had a problem.

Owner of Dynotune Motorsports dad told me last year that MSD coils are junk and that i should put factory coils back on vehicle. So maybe he's correct and i need to do it. It could possibly be the fuel filter. I don't think i replaced it. I'm getting to the point where i'm about to take off all add-ons and go back to factory originals.

So this is what I got in return.

is your check engine light on? if so what are the codes. he would have just cancelled out your rear 02's since you have no cats, the front ones will still read. pull the plugs and see what they look like. what kind of maf do you have

Don't the 97's have a returnless fuel system? if so the larger pump could cause the issue. Also if the TPS is adjustable and he did not set it properly then it to can cause the issue

If its return style then a larger pump isn't going to effect it any. It will return the un-used fuel. :masturboy: