a couple issues (03 Maxima Se)

im faster

Okay so i traded the Eclipse for a 03 maxima 6 spped 140k miles..

over all i like it a lot more than the eclipse.. but it has 2 issues that worry me.

1. around 2k RPM +/- 500

when lettin out the clutch with 1/3 throttle i get valve chattering type sound(kinda like a diesel sounds) a rattling type sound from in the motor.

if 1/2+ throttle i never hear it or if i take off slow i dont hear it.

it seems to happen more often for the first 10 min then not as often.

i can rev the motor at any throttle and i can never hear it.

i have got it to make the sound a couple times while the clutch was fully out. or if i it starts the sound and i let out the clutch fast it will continue to make the sound.

it only lasts for a couple seconds..

problem 2

This is weird..

its a power issue.. sometimes the car feels like its falling on its face other times it takes of fine..

however, when in gear.. and punching the throttle sometimes it feels like it an auto does when it down shifts.. is that normal? ive owned probably 25 standard cars and never felt that before

any ideas?

Edited by im faster

Is your clutch slipping? I'm wondering if you have a broken clutch spring or something. Has someone been doing lots of clutch-drops?

Also, you shouldn't be taking off from 2k rpm, all you're going to do is accelerate wear and tear.

My dad's had the same car since new. IIRC the valve-train is pretty noisy, enough to the point where he took it in to have it looked at while still under warranty. They said it was normal for that car/engine. It's nothing I would have been too concerned about, but he just took it in to make sure.

I'm not saying this is what's happening with your first problem, but it could just be noisier than what you are used to.

Plugs are in GREAT!!!! SHAPE!!!!

I was bored and had time to do the front three.. cant wait to see the back three.. ill try to get to it tomorrow.. but i hope thats just from age and not actually running lean..

what do you think!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/mybuicksfaster/IMAG0807.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DO you have an exhaust leak? Any CEL's getting tripped?

My V6 Passat is doing the same thing. Under engine load there is a "sizzling" sound like an exhaust leak coming from one side of the engine. The thing feels like it's retarding timing (or shutting down a cylinder altogether!) and then it will mysteriously disappear instantly and the engine pulls perfectly. At steady engine speed, there is no exhaust leak.

Haven't investigated that much - nor even pull codes yet - but I'm going to need to lift it up to see if a y-pipe donut gasket is to blame...might be tripping a knock sensor...