Finance people...

2pointslow

Well other than a 401k what else should i be putting my money into? I have been thinking more and more about the future. I would like the woman to retire at a young age. Starting next year we will have an extra 40-50k a year to put aside. We will be living the same way we live now which is very conservative. I would like both of us to be done by the age of 45.

In addition to maxing out your 401(k), do either a free equities account wit vanguard or fidelity and put mo money towards some dividend-paying stocks or mutual funds.

In addition to investing, are all of your debts paid off?

About to be, the last thing i have is my car. Untill i am comfortable enough to purchase a home i will continue to rent.

Well other than a 401k what else should i be putting my money into? I have been thinking more and more about the future. I would like the woman to retire at a young age. Starting next year we will have an extra 40-50k a year to put aside. We will be living the same way we live now which is very conservative. I would like both of us to be done by the age of 45.

tt. a Financial Plan and put the 45 thing into a plan. Wife and I did got together with ours and meet with him quarterly. It's a full on business meeting to cover our entire portfolio including properties, budgets, etc...

Basically you start here X and want to end at age X with a today income level equivalent to $XX and then you'll see with all that is going on how far over or under you are and what you need to do to change it.

The last several years set us back a couple years, but we adjusted our savings plan accordingly. You'll be surprised at how much you have to save to really do it to live for 35-40 years without ever working again. We're on track to hit 55 and live large. :fuckyeah:

Do you work for a company (or does she) that has any sort of matching program for stock purchase? 401k contributions? Make sure you take full advantage of those employer programs.

If your car loan is over 3% now, pay that off aggressively if you have that much in excess.

Also, keep a fat savings/money market account available. Cash is still - and always will be - king. Paying for stuff without a credit card or a loan is great.

Do you work for a company (or does she) that has any sort of matching program for stock purchase? 401k contributions? Make sure you take full advantage of those employer programs.

If your car loan is over 3% now, pay that off aggressively if you have that much in excess.

Also, keep a fat savings/money market account available. Cash is still - and always will be - king. Paying for stuff without a credit card or a loan is great.

My car is just over 3% @ 3.2%. I have had a money market account since i was 18, unfortunatley it isnt where it once was due to losing my ass in the stock market.

With my new title at work i do have a 401k, she will be taking on a new job that offers 401k. We will be taking advantage of both. I know mine matches 50%, not the greatest but its not the worst.

I have been looking into getting someone to take care of the money. Last time i did that i got burnt, i guess you dont mix money with friends.. huh, chalk that up to a bad decision.

A good Financial Plan is part planning infrastructure and part relationship with a relatively objective third party. At least you learned...make sure you be careful about who you deal with in the future!

Matches are great...free money! ;) Srsly, at least everytime you contribute, you'll get some return for your money...

Buy gold and prepare for hyperinflation

Wrong. Gold is too expensive, you missed that train.

Buy Silver, to prepare for the inflation. They trade more silver on the markets in one day, than what is mined in a year. This means instead of trading real silver, they are trading pieces of paper. Bound to collapse at some point. Silver is still very affordable.

401k's are viable great only if you have a match. I don't have a match, but still use mine for tax shielding. Being a single male, no house, no big deductions, no kids leaves me in this predicament.

I guess being responsible doesn't pay off in the eyes of the .gov. The system is pretty fucked up.

Right now my strategy is simple and rational. There is premise to believe that there is world-economic collapse coming, and, so, 401k's and currency all will be worth excrement.

I am currently draining my savings and borrowing against my 401k to purchase countryside. I am planting large quantities of food for a self sustaining farm. The remainding money I have invested in criminals just outside East Leonard Avenue to live permanently on the farm. I have supplied marijuana, cocoa, and high powered rifles.

The way I see it: he who has food has the ultimate currency. I will build my empire by making starving people trade me their once treasured goods that are now useless. Than my crew and I will slowly regress from the lack of society probably only 30 years or so to the 80's and bring back road warrior.

Hope that helps,

milz

Right now my strategy is simple and rational. There is premise to believe that there is world-economic collapse coming, and, so, 401k's and currency all will be worth excrement.

I am currently draining my savings and borrowing against my 401k to purchase countryside. I am planting large quantities of food for a self sustaining farm. The remainding money I have invested in criminals just outside East Leonard Avenue to live permanently on the farm. I have supplied marijuana, cocoa, and high powered rifles.

The way I see it: he who has food has the ultimate currency. I will build my empire by making starving people trade me their once treasured goods that are now useless. Than my crew and I will slowly regress from the lack of society probably only 30 years or so to the 80's and bring back road warrior.

Hope that helps,

milz

BAUCE

Hope that helps,

milz

You are a moron. But you bring up very good points. Ultimately, Economics is the study of finite resources, paired with humans infinite demand for those resources.

While paper money wont be worth a shit, land and resources will be.

You are a moron. But you bring up very good points. Ultimately, Economics is the study of finite resources, paired with humans infinite demand for those resources.

While paper money wont be worth a shit, land and resources will be.

Don't be jelly because I've got a head start, fucker.

My company offers a 401k but I personally have a Roth IRA, should be a nice little egg for myself when I am older and I can withdraw from it tax free since its being taxed as I deposit

This is what my parents did when my mom became disabled. They are set to be pretty well off in a few years when my dad finally decides to stop working completely.

I max my 401k to company match, then max a Roth Ira, then decide where to put excess if there is any.

THIS.

Although if you're talking about putting away $40-50k per year you will easily max out your Roth IRA. Do a 401k up to your company match, then a Roth IRA, then a Roth 401k, then max out the rest of your 401k or do your own investing on the side. You would be best off talking to a financial planner...or call Suzie Orman.