Anyone paint their stucco?

BDHG940

Paints have come a long way over the last decade. If your worried about peeling or blistering you can add emulsabond with the paint. Some paints even come fortified with it already. Keep in mind that most paint warranties are for blistering or fading only so you want to check the fading warranty. IMHO painted stucco looks betterfor longer than the colored stucco alone. As you paint stucco the paint fills in alot of the natural almost micrscopic holes in stucco where dirt tends to collect overtime making it look old. Add to that fading and you have stucco that needs attention from a visual standpoint and often structural. Keep in mind that while mit looks great after initially painting, at some point it will need painted again, that could be 30 years or that could be 5. Depends on the prep before painting , the structural integrity of the stucco and the materials its created with(procedure used to attach it), and the paint used. I painted homes 15 years ago that I happen to see while I am out driving that still look good to this day but thats all prep and paint quality.