Prayer request

TimTaylor751647545500

A great friend of mine was the woman who passed away today in the I-270 accident. I was roommates with her son for four years and have known the family through church for over 20 years. I'm still in shock over the news and am typing this with a very heavy heart. What is also very sad is that today is her youngest daughter's birthday, so this is going to be really tough on the family for quite a while as you could expect. I would just ask that you keep her family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult period. Edited by TimTaylor75

You got it. Spreading the word.

Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going thru right now. Just try to remember Romans 8:28. I know it's hard to think of much of anything else right now. Will be praying for peace, comfort, and understanding to name a couple.

Prayers last night and nights to come Tim. My son saw this on the news and asked if by chance it was anyone here. Small world no doubt. I'm interested in the cause as it's a crazy world and just the other day even I had to comment on the knuckleheads and their speed. I always cruise around 75mph and had cars left and right of me going 85+ and driving crazy. There are times when I wish I had cherries on the roof or behind the grill.

• 4 months later...
The trial is over. The young man did not look at the family, offer an apology, or show any remorse (I assume on the advice of counsel). I have been told that the very-busy courtroom grew completely silent when my brother in law read his statement. Lots of tears from family and even strangers. Suspended jail sentence, small fine, and suspended license. Probation.

The trial is over. The young man did not look at the family, offer an apology, or show any remorse (I assume on the advice of counsel). I have been told that the very-busy courtroom grew completely silent when my brother in law read his statement. Lots of tears from family and even strangers. Suspended jail sentence, small fine, and suspended license. Probation.

I'll bet anything he's back behind the wheel in less than a month. Pathetic.

Yeah, i would say if it was an accident, while i still feel bad for the family of the deceased, it happens, and its a risk with driving we all take...now if he was fucking around, texting, high/drunk, driving like hes auditioning for 12 fast and furious part 13, etc. then drop the hammer on him

Yeah, i would say if it was an accident, while i still feel bad for the family of the deceased, it happens, and its a risk with driving we all take...now if he was fucking around, texting, high/drunk, driving like hes auditioning for 12 fast and furious part 13, etc. then drop the hammer on him

Lady was driving a Civic, its not like he couldn't see over her. We all get distracted from time to time, but it takes exceptional circumstances for someone to die as a consequence.