Any painters?

GotBoost2JZ

Just ordered some new wheels. I'm looking to have the the whole of the wheels painted white except the lips which would be left polished/machined. I'd like it to look good and well done so spray paint is not in the cards. Looking to see if anyone that paints is willing to do this and if so to give me a quote

These wheels. All white except lips

http://www.wheelreplicas.com/wheels/102671653dbg.jpg

Don't know what you are saying.

If you're suggesting powdercoat that's about $450 for stripping and doing a good white since white shows imperfections a lot and requires a primer below it and the heating process can show small pink marks without a base primer.

Don't know what you are saying.

If you're suggesting powdercoat that's about $450 for stripping and doing a good white since white shows imperfections a lot and requires a primer below it and the heating process can show small pink marks without a base primer.

for wheels powdercoat > paint. If you want a quality finish that will last, Hit up Erik. If you're looking for a short cut, sorry I can't help you.

Nothing wrong with painting wheels....Lots of OEM and aftermarket wheels are still painted to this day and hold up fine if cared for properly.

This guy is also a member on ohiodrifting. assuming these wheels will be for his 240 which I could only assume will see time sliding, the wheels would probably hold up a bit better to a powdercoated finish.

Paint takes time to dry/harden and its not "dry to the touch". If you paint, go with quality materials, prep, prep, prep and allow the product to fully harden/dry.

Please explain what "fully harden" means. I just (spray) painted my wheels (sanded,sanded again, primered, 3 light layers of paint, 3 light layers of clear coat...look phenominal) and the clear coat said something about the paint taking 7 days to "dry"?

...these wheels will be for his 240 which I could only assume will see time sliding

Correct

If they get painted these will be done properly. Not looking for spray paint.

I figured paint might hold up since they lips would remain unpainted.

I'll look into the powdercoat suggestions. But I'm still looking for a quality painter because I fear powder will be too much anywhere I go

(not that it's too much if they were say 2000$ wheels but it's silly to me to spend close to $500 to powdercoat wheels that only cost $530 in the first place, know what I'm sayin')

You could likely get powder done for about $300, Painting is gonna cost you the same for aterial and labor, so its really all dependant on what you want to do. Powder will be more durable in the long run, but there is nothing wrong with painting at all.