Who uses E85 on CR?

thorne

your car smells awesome

I was helping Biggu drain his tank and I was gagging due to the smell. Only thing that got it out of my nose was a cigarette. He'll attest, he loves the smell, but it makes me sick.

Then again I think nothing beats the slight gasoline smell of Webers (and I'm not running enough compression to warrant the switch).

Speaking of which, Biggu, get a jerry can and get this crap out of my fuel tank! :lolguy:

NTHER: E85 is extremely hydroscopic, it attracts water like stock SRT-4s attract broskis. There are filters available, but most just run the fuel and call it a day, you just have to be careful that too much water isn't in your fuel system otherwise you'll have loads of problems with injectors and the like.

I was helping Biggu drain his tank and I was gagging due to the smell. Only thing that got it out of my nose was a cigarette. He'll attest, he loves the smell, but it makes me sick.

Then again I think nothing beats the slight gasoline smell of Webers (and I'm not running enough compression to warrant the switch).

Speaking of which, Biggu, get a jerry can and get this crap out of my fuel tank! :lolguy:

NTHER: E85 is extremely hydroscopic, it attracts water like stock SRT-4s attract broskis. There are filters available, but most just run the fuel and call it a day, you just have to be careful that too much water isn't in your fuel system otherwise you'll have loads of problems with injectors and the like.

justin he is talking about burnt e85 raw stuff you get used to after a while.

Been thinking about E85 vs. 93 plus Torco. At this power level it's a significant investment in gear (different fuel pumps, lines, injectors, etc.) Not to mention the retune. The upside is that the Meijer's about 10 mins from my house has E85.

Some of the things guys have mentioned here like the water issues are definite drawbacks. I can see managing the fuel level for the times the car sits might be a problem.

Plenty of Subarus have been DDing on E85 for years and years with no issues at all.

Do they have drums of E85 int he garage, or are they changing their tune to compensate for changes in Ethanol Levels?

I ran E85 in a 10 second DD for 2 years. Although I likes how it performed-a good pump gas tune is much easier to live with.

I've been intrigued by E85 since I started hearing about it. After watching the Horsepower TV episode about alcohol motors twice this weekend, it's got me wondering. Why stop at E85? I understand that running an alcohol motor on the street would be illegal because you're not paying the road tax on the fuel, and I'm sure the EPA has not approved alcohol for use on the street. Other than the legal ramifications, what would be the issues with running alcohol on the street? Obviously road trips are out of the question because there is nowhere to fill up, but are there any limitations besides the range of the tank? This is assuming a motor/fuel system has been modified to run alcohol. BTW, what caught my attention was HP TVs claim that alcohol was 2$ per gallon (assuming because no road tax included), along with the performance gains.

I've been intrigued by E85 since I started hearing about it. After watching the Horsepower TV episode about alcohol motors twice this weekend, it's got me wondering. Why stop at E85? I understand that running an alcohol motor on the street would be illegal because you're not paying the road tax on the fuel, and I'm sure the EPA has not approved alcohol for use on the street. Other than the legal ramifications, what would be the issues with running alcohol on the street? Obviously road trips are out of the question because there is nowhere to fill up, but are there any limitations besides the range of the tank? This is assuming a motor/fuel system has been modified to run alcohol. BTW, what caught my attention was HP TVs claim that alcohol was 2$ per gallon (assuming because no road tax included), along with the performance gains.

Some people do go up to E90 on the street. Running 100% alcohol isn't practical for a street car.