srt runnig like shit

SRTurbo04

Well I'm having some issues.. the srt has been down for a while cause I've been too lazy to fix it.

The car was throwing a o2sensor code and I replaced the o2 sensor. It also threw a p0108. Map sensor high. I replaced that months ago and it didn't fix the issue so I returned the part. But still throwing the code.

The problem the car is fouling out plugs like its its job. The car runs flat out awful. Barely runs and falls on its face when driving. Sounds and feels like its running not on all cylinders. . Now the odd thing upon start up it acts like this but once u get it to idle it will idle smooth and fine like it runs ok. But again once u try to drive it it fails at life.

Any suggestions here

Edit also the only code its throwing is the p0109 map sensor high. (Srt4s have the self code reader thing

Have you tried hooking it to a scan tool and seeing what voltage the MAP Sensor is showing vs. what it is actually putting out vs. what it should be putting out?
no I have not

And rhett the cars been down since before I left for the army just haven't had to check it out

Why don't you check into all the wiring you fucked up on the car, I know you spliced into the MAP sensor wires for that MAP clamp shit you were running, and if that's not it I'd suggest looking into vacuum leaks and such. High MAP sensor readings indicate that its not seeing vacuum, assuming its measured in kPa, but I'd bet on wiring.

Is it highly modded? Or just basic tune / bolt ons? Any more info on the car?

Not sure if you've heard of them before, but "realtune motorsports" Are pretty good with the neons, and calibers..

You could look them up and see if they know what should be replaced..

Yea I know real tune up north. And the cars not tuned and only bolt ons. Background on the car um to sum it up easily has beena race whore. 1000 passes yes one thousand passes at the track and yea...

:lol:

Swing by this weekend ill scan it for you
that would be awesome buttttt the car won't make it there lol

Why don't you check into all the wiring you fucked up on the car, I know you spliced into the MAP sensor wires for that MAP clamp shit you were running, and if that's not it I'd suggest looking into vacuum leaks and such. High MAP sensor readings indicate that its not seeing vacuum, assuming its measured in kPa, but I'd bet on wiring.
took off the mapclamp months ago thinking that was the issue. But did not fix the issue.

I will go threw the wiring and reverse fuck it

Man it seems like you have the worst luck with stuff. All your stuff seems to break. Hope ya figure it out man. I feel for ya.
tell me about it.... cars broke trucks broke both jetskis were broke

Yea I know real tune up north. And the cars not tuned and only bolt ons. Background on the car um to sum it up easily has beena race whore. 1000 passes yes one thousand passes at the track and yea...

:lol:

Did it just happen while driving or after sitting? Or did you do something that screwed it up?

Cant help much without more info.. :confused:

Did it just happen while driving or after sitting? Or did you do something that screwed it up?

Cant help much without more info.. :confused:

It slowly started doing it...it would drive fine and then buck a little but If I gave it some gas it would smooth out. Started getting worse and now its just to the point where it just bucks the whole time an falls on its face

Have you done a boost leak test on it? Being speed density a boost leak generally doesn't hurt it but if its big enough it can cause issues like that. Also have you checked for any pre o2 sensor exhaust leaks? Also check the shaft play on the turbo.

I am not trying to scare you, but you are going to throw a rod bearing and need a new crank possibly if you don't get it fixed. I agree, that you more than likely have a boost leak. Replace your vacuum lines and see what happens.

boost leaks on this car wont affect it like this. as ive had my ic piping off creating the biggest boost leak ever haha

but i was jsut told the car runs normal again.my sisters boy friend was working on it while i was working, :D not sure what fixed it buttttt i hope it really is fixed wooo

any one wanna buy a srt cheap?

boost leaks on this car wont affect it like this. as ive had my ic piping off creating the biggest boost leak ever haha

but i was jsut told the car runs normal again.my sisters boy friend was working on it while i was working, :D not sure what fixed it buttttt i hope it really is fixed wooo

any one wanna buy a srt cheap?

gib ya 1200