osu booster that resulted in Hall Howard and Brown's suspention steps forward

Sturg1647545502

u know what i dont get. these kids play a dangerous sport where they could get injured for life. these kids should get any freebie they are offered. one wrong move could be paralized for life or just get somany injuries that theres no hope for a good future in sports. a scollarship is crap for all the money they raise for the shitty schools they play for.

u know what i dont get. these kids play a dangerous sport where they could get injured for life. these kids should get any freebie they are offered. one wrong move could be paralized for life or just get somany injuries that theres no hope for a good future in sports. a scollarship is crap for all the money they raise for the shitty schools they play for.

nobody is forcing them to be there, its their own choice and they know exactly what the risks are. 80k+ worth of tuition and room/board i think is more than adequate for something they are CHOOSING to do.

plus if they are good enough after college, they will make millions in the pros. hell pryor is going to make, what 300k his first year and he has to sit out the first 5 games?

Hall has already been named the starting running back for saturdays game, so I would venture to say you will see him and Howard. Brown is a backup that wasn't going to see the field this year anyways. Nathan Williams is out due to injury, but reports are coming out that he and Braxton Miller were at the same charity event.

Hall named starter:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=7925225

Williams/Miller story:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=7925812

Its amazing how few the number is of schools that actually are able to operate their athletic departments in the black each year. Everytime these stories come to light there are always the debates of wether players should get payed but nobody can figure out where the money would come from. I guess if you pay a football player, you also have to pay a girls softball player despite the income their respective sport generates. I however do feel they should revisit the rules and find some way of getting these kids some money some how legally.

I however do feel they should revisit the rules and find some way of getting these kids some money some how legally.

How about their free rides? I sure as hell would like to get payed what an OSU tuition and room and board costs. Hell I still don't get payed that much and I am 10 years further in life then most of those guys. They should thank god they have a natural talent, collect their freebie and if they are good enough they will get drafted, if not they got a free bachelor's degree from a big name school a lot of people could only dream of going to or getting a degree from. Not to mention all the freebie's and endorsements they can get for the rest of their lives locally.

like 1% will get drafted into the pros each year. I agree with Rocket the get a free education out of the deal. That is payment enough.

I'm interested in how many kids will get hurt from when they start playing through college compared to how many will make money off of sports. And there is always this notion in the back of many of their or their parents head that me/my kid could make it big!

Each of those kids on a team like OSU are making the school millions. LOL at getting a 'free 80k education'.

I can say for myself that a free ride to a shit school like osu is not worth the chance at a injury that could stay with me for life. For your whole life not just ur years at a party school. Yes a scolarship is nice. But not worth a lifelong injury for free. In one game that school makes enuf for each players school and about a few extra million dollars. That's one game. So all you who think a wee scholarship is enuf go ahead and get on that feild break ur neck back and bones and when ur 50 and can't work from all the pain ask man was it worth playing for nothing. It dosent make sence to me but hey I don't watch sports unless there a motor involved.

From a player standpoint, I would have to guess that going to college, free ride or not, is probably not even a secondary choice for alot of them. I would have gone to college if I was able to do something I liked doing, the ride was free, and I had a chance at a million dollar per year career. I was given the option to pay for college, make far less than $100k per year, and there was nothing I wanted to do. I can see why their at school, the education is just a necessary evil.

From a player standpoint, I would have to guess that going to college, free ride or not, is probably not even a secondary choice for alot of them. I would have gone to college if I was able to do something I liked doing, the ride was free, and I had a chance at a million dollar per year career. I was given the option to pay for college, make far less than $100k per year, and there was nothing I wanted to do. I can see why their at school, the education is just a necessary evil.

Where at?