410WHP Cam Only C5Z06 vs 577WHP 5.0 Mustang GT

Linn1647545492

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose car was that? At first I was thinking Tilley, but it's clearly his C5Z in the video. Was it Kirk?

No, not Kirk. I don't know if the owner of that Cobra wants me to say it was him publically, so I won't name him. Sorry for the cloak and dagger routine, just don't want to put his business out there.

Also, I've owned both an 03 Cobra and an C5 Z06. The Cobra is a fat piggie in comparison to the Z06. It took appreciably more RWHP (like 50+) to account for the Cobra's ell bees. Not to say I'm hating on the Cobra - I wore out plenty of Vettes and f-bodies with it - but it usually took more HP to do it.

It only got me by half a car once and I beat it by a half car or so the night we all went to KY. You're right though, the car is a beast for pulley only!

not with cory driving. I would bet cory would put 3+ cars on you in that car.....go race steve on motor in his mistic 03. i bet cory would have ran right with that car.

It only got me by half a car once and I beat it by a half car or so the night we all went to KY. You're right though, the car is a beast for pulley only!

No offense man but I have heard from a few people the car doesnt run right...they said it breaks up. That car healthy would walk you with a good driver. It was fast. I bkasted vettes with 400+hp and one with 450......and as far as ls1s go that list is long. I would like to put a clutch in my 96 and try you for fun?

No, not Kirk. I don't know if the owner of that Cobra wants me to say it was him publically, so I won't name him. Sorry for the cloak and dagger routine, just don't want to put his business out there.

Doesn't matter either way, just thought maybe it was one of you guys. No need to throw a name out for my sake.

Last time I saw aj he had a r1(it's been awhile tho). His cobra is silver and he liked to street race, are u sure he wasn't sandbagging or giving a false trap ?

I'm sure. I talk to him whenever I see him at Kilkare. His car is putting down around 100 more rwhp with the new setup and E85, so it's definitely a quick one. Just don't know that he was the best 03/04 to compare to. I'm guessing he may have gotten one of those "Here is your dyno sheet and then have the tuner take some out of it" deals. He brought that car out on slicks and only a driver's race seat one night last year and I think it went 125 or so. I think he said 127 out of it was the best at 570 or so wheel. Just saying.

I'm sure. I talk to him whenever I see him at Kilkare. His car is putting down around 100 more rwhp with the new setup and E85, so it's definitely a quick one. Just don't know that he was the best 03/04 to compare to. I'm guessing he may have gotten one of those "Here is your dyno sheet and then have the tuner take some out of it" deals. He brought that car out on slicks and only a driver's race seat one night last year and I think it went 125 or so. I think he said 127 out of it was the best at 570 or so wheel. Just saying.

Ya who knows man. Maybe he was being honest or sandbagging.

You got walked in this vid (0:55) by the black cobra ;)

Matt, where have you been?

My car at the time of the video made 430 rwhp on spray and your car had a ported blower with spray making what, 550+ rwhp? You can also hear the clutch slip in my car ;) You should have beat me with out question.

Dover think what you want but, you didn't come around me that night and from what I remember that car made what 620rwhp??? My car was on motor that night my friend and 441 rwhp was enough to beat that cobra.

Car was on pump gas and made 550, and I came around your car and was next to Sam from a 40 and 60.. I remember the night well. Sorry man. I think Brian Turner was even in the car with me (maybe that was another night). We get it your camaro is unfucking beatable, questionable now that it has been in hiding for the last couple years. :dumb:

not with cory driving. I would bet cory would put 3+ cars on you in that car.....go race steve on motor in his mistic 03. i bet cory would have ran right with that car.

I don't doubt that a bit, just saying what happened that night. He mentioned it had been cutting out, but after all the racing that night he said it only did it once and it wasn't against me. Me and Steve have planned on hitting one off with him off the spray ever since I got my car, but we've never had the time or place. He doesn't like to run it off the spray when there's a crowd around because then everybody will wanna run it off the bottle and that's not where the car shines.

Cory, I'd run you for fun for sure. I'm planning on selling it soon though so hopefully we can get together before then.

As for the discussion at hand, I'm also a previous owner of a ported/pullied '03 Cobra and current owner of a cammed C5 Z06. They're two completely different animals. The terminator will beat you to death, it's just violent sounding and feeling where the vette is so smooth about everything. It's no secret that the weight, aerodynamics, and gearing allow to vette to be just as fast if not faster with a lot less power. I absolutely love my vette, but it's hard to beat the sound of that screaming Eaton combined with the classic Mustang sound.

Another thing to consider: I sprayed the shit out of both my 03 Cobra and my Z06. The Cobra handled it like a champ. The Z06 popped. Granted I was spraying a ton more on top of that Z06, but still there's something to be said about how well the Cobra held up.

Also I'm with the above poster: the Cobra was just so wonderfully violent. All kinds of torque.

Here is a gear example.

Did you find all of the dumb ass Cobra driver's? Jesus. No excuse for him being behind at all on the N/A runs. Just shows that it doesn't matter what it makes, it matters how you drive it. Let's just assume for a minute that the car was "heat soaked" as everyone says. That means he might be around 550 wheel. Still should have been enough to outrun you, key word being SHOULD. This video makes me want to find these guys and run them in my ported eaton car :)