Mustang Wheel Question

MackDaddy43

I want to get some wider, stickier tires for my mustang, but being new to mustangs, (and quick cars in general) I'm not sure exactly what I'll need.

The mustang is making 420 / 490 now, and is on all season tires, and stock rims. :megusta:

What would be a good rim and tire combination? Any oem type rim I could get cheap, and fit wide tires on?

If the car has pony wheels, than just get some good tires for it. Some MT drag radials will do. You can also pick up a set of weld draglites big and skinnies if you plan to drag race it. Or you can get 17 inch wheels and put some 275 drag radials on them. Many options depending on what you want to do with the car.

Should be fine on an 8" wide wheel which you can find factory cheap, then throw some et streets or something on it.

Thas sum good powa, pictars?

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95771

I want something that looks good on the car. I'm just not sure what color / style would fit well. What kind of wheels do you guys like to see on mustangs? Just to get some ideas.

And for the tires, it definitely has to be streetable, but would like for it to really hold up on the track.

What year is it? You could be like every other Mustang and get Cobra, Saleen, Bullitt, FR500, etc. wheels. They're all common but they all look good.

IMO you should get something wide enough that you can fit 315's out back, or 275's if it's a foxbody.

Edit, I see that it's a fox. What wheels did Miller have on his 5.0 that he sold? Those looked really good