want to start drifting..

The_buster

that just sounds like the dumbest idea ever..

your going to dd a car that your going to slide around walls and very easily crash into the walls... yea sounds like a real great idea for a daily driver :jerkit:

Yeah, I gonna have to jump on this bandwagon.....this car (or any track car for that matter) should typically be one you have no problem leaving the keys in and walking away from if something happens to it.......

So either, always drift where there are no walls, or find a different DD as you build up this car.....my .02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even my 2way kaaz in my old car sucked ass for daily, every fing turn "clunk clunk clunk". That shit gets soo old and annoying.

I agree... I would daily with a welded over my Kaaz any day.

I also agree on not using an actual drift car as a daily. Maybe use a daily as an occasional drift toy, but only at tracks with no walls. Even then you can still do some serious damage.

Even my 2way kaaz in my old car sucked ass for daily, every fing turn "clunk clunk clunk". That shit gets soo old and annoying.

agree 100%

My KAaz (90% clutches installed) acted identically to my welded diff that i currently run.

I do (however) do not get annoyed with it. I get-RACECAR!!!!

I wasn't planning on drifting everyday.. just an every once in a while thing. Unless I turn out halfway decent. Lol its just the wife is starting college and is gonna need the car more often. And I'm gonna need one to drive from newark to heath, its a 10 min drive to work.

we arent saying that you are attempting to drift it on a daily basis. We are saying that the driveability of the car is comprimised, uncomfortable, annoying, and unreliable.

You start modifying a car for drift and it breaks... how you gonna get around?

race cars break, need to be rebuilt, and drive like shit on the streets.

It's all relative to how much you want to spend. You can get cheap decent CXRacing coilovers on eBay for under 600. You can buy middle of the road Tein, k-sport, or megans for 700-1000... Or you can go higher end Tein, KW, kei office. Etc

I would recommend k-sport or used Tein for like 700 because they are cheap and have great warranties.

Setting up the camber/caster/toe/scrub really depends on your driving style.

There, you will need adjustable suspension arms. I suggest you look at what other people have their car set to and mimic them until you get to know suspension tuning

for suspension, i am running....

kei office coilovers with tein pillowball mounts (pillowballs help with suspension geometry tuning)

full energy suspension poly bushings (stiffens everything)

adjustable RUCA (Rear upper control arms)

kazama subframe spacers (s14's have problems with a wobbly rear subframe)

F&R strut bars (just because)

^^^ If you were to buy all of that new you'd spend about 1800 dollars... shit costs money.

some people will tell you to run toe and tension rods. i dont think its neccesarry just yet.

Also, people will say to run bigger sway bars... But, if you buy a 240sx. the stock bars are pretty decent (so you can wait on those too).

Edited by Diamonds

A mx83 Toyota Cressida would be perfect. It's four door, good balance, and a big trunk. The w58 and R154 transmissions bolt in. Any of Toyota's inline 6 cylinder engines bolt in and you drop in a 1uz with custom mounts.