Learn me some scoobies

Jizzle Juice

If the legacy is a consideration then why not looking inti G8's, evos, or Mazda speed 6's? There are a lot of choices out there now. Take your time and drive all of the cars that you would even consider. You may find something that you didn't even think of all the sudden become a great deal.

Yeah, will have to consider those options, i'd LOVE a G8 buuuut may be out of my price range.

Buy an Evo, beat all WRXs......profit.

Oh, and Evos look better, sound better, and are more reliable (Steves for instance). WRXs are fugly and slowwwwwwwwwwwww

I would def get a evo, but since my roomate has one and all i dont wanna be considered a nut swinger, ya dig!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 05 saab 92x ( same as wrx wagon) with the 2.0 DOHC motor and just hit 90k yesterday. The car is an excellent daily and a winter warrior. I have had zero issues at all and would consider myself pretty rough on it.

If you get a scooby, you'll just end up selling in a year or two for an EVO like everyone else.

Fair warning..

:dumb:

Or buy both. I'm planning on keeping the saabaru and buying and evo8 next fall. Evo for the summer and saabaru for dd and winter.

A stage 2 Subaru is stupid reliable, and you can expect 100k miles no question. Read the entirety of NASIOC.com's forums and you'll be set!

300 wheel horsepower is completely achievable without sacrificing anything, and your car will still be a breeze to drive in the snow.

Any pre-2008 Subaru with a cold air intake has either had some serious modifications done to it, or the internals have been beat to piss. CAIs were highly NOT recommended for pre-2008s, unless you had a 400+ HP build.

Don't be afraid of FMICs, they're actually a lot easier to work with than the stock TMIC setup - but obviously it's more piping to inspect, and is typically signs of a stage 3+ car, which may have been trashed.

ALSO: Any air flow related modification (exhaust, downpipe, uppipe, anything...) absolutely NEEDS to be tuned for, or you can expect some trouble.

Ej205 is safe to ~330-350 range

ej255/7 is safe to the 400-450 range depending on some factors.

A cai when having a proper pro tune is a fine mod for subbies. They just don't pick up much and in the case of short rams they sometimes lose power. I've made 300-330awhp on the stock airbox.

The ebay tmic works, I've got a IAT sensor in the IC and on freeway pulls and my temps stay flat . and i previouslly made ~370whp using this same top mount.

The most overlooked part is the turbo inlet. so many people get hta68s and are sad when they can't make the power they want.

What is your budget?

08 wrxs can be had cheap and you can swap a 09 turbo onto them for ~600ish

A cai when having a proper pro tune is a fine mod for subbies. They just don't pick up much and in the case of short rams they sometimes lose power. I've made 300-330awhp on the stock airbox.

The ebay tmic works, I've got a IAT sensor in the IC and on freeway pulls and my temps stay flat . and i previouslly made ~370whp using this same top mount.

The most overlooked part is the turbo inlet. so many people get hta68s and are sad when they can't make the power they want.

What is your budget?

I scheduled an appointment on the 19th, can you do the job please :)

What is your budget?

I'm honestly unsure. It's about to be winter and I know my sales will decrease. If I were to make the same as I do now i'd be good. My only worries is the interest im gonna get cause of my stundent loans :(

Oh and when you state Ejxxx I have no clue what you mean haha. I know they're the engines but for what years and cars? Does the legacy fall into that place? Im super interested in getting one of those

I'm honestly unsure. It's about to be winter and I know my sales will decrease. If I were to make the same as I do now i'd be good. My only worries is the interest im gonna get cause of my stundent loans :(

Oh and when you state Ejxxx I have no clue what you mean haha. I know they're the engines but for what years and cars? Does the legacy fall into that place? Im super interested in getting one of those

Durp. Read the post under mine.

Edited by airwg2189

EJ205= 2.0 liter 2002-05 WRX

EJ255= 2.5liter 2006-Current WRX

EJ257= 2.5 STi

The last 5, or 7 denotes valve timing on either one set of cams (5, and I can't remember if it's the exhaust or intake side), or valve timing on both cams. So an EJ207 would be the JDM STi 2 liter motor.