BigTen/Roofing/Homeowner/Insurance Question

vitamincj

I got a knock on the door today and it was a guy from BigTen construction. He was selling roofing basically. Said my roof had damage. Basically they work with my home owners ins. co.. to file a claim for any hail or wind damage. Does this sound legit? Opinions.

They also do gutter guard which I need so I was thinking kill two birds with one stone.

Has anybody done business with BigTen?

CJ

maybe its just me, but i wouldn't ever do business with someone who knocks on my door to say i have damage. if/when i realize my roof needs work, i'll call someone. i don't need anyone coming to me trying to sling their services/product

That's kinda what I was thinking on the one hand. They said they would call to schedule a time to actually get up on the roof and check it out. But from the ground they could see shingles that were...not sure what the term was that he used...not laying right is all I can think of this late. I dunno.

fuck them. i had a guy come out as i was buying my house, said my roof was shot, said it was spongy up top, would have 2 years max. had dave's dad (gas, grass, or ass) come out, and he said it felt spongy because when they built the house, it was acceptable to use (i think) 3/8" or 1/2" plywood, and now they use 5/8, and at 16" on center, it would feel like that. he said the shingles didnt look that old and i'd have 10-12 years left. i definitely wouldnt trust anyone that said there was problems by looking from the ground, i dont care if half the shingles were gone.

Did a storm come through recently? I had one come through my neighborhood and there were plenty of them knocking on my door or leaving crap on my mailbox/door wanting business.

If a storm rolled through I would not be surprised that this happened. After the company I wanted to do the work evaluated my house State Farm then sent out a rep to inspect it as well and only then was it signed off on and the work was started.

I don't know anything about BigTen roofing but, We had a roof put on our house for free through our home owners insurance when we found out a couple shingles where missing. Roofing one came out, got up on the roof and found out entire sections could be lifted up. If your interested in having someone come out to inspect it and not sure about the company that came out, Call Todd at Roofing One 614-323-4990. He was recommended by another member on here when we where looking for someone. They took care of most of the insurance hassle, and once the paperwork was done, they had our roof done in a day.

I will admit... some guy came to our house with the same story. And I told him.. if you work with my insurance and get the claim and have it covered 100% go for it.

A few weeks later I had a new roof (actual high-quality colored shingles) with new venting, etc. and I didn't lift a finger aside from selecting the shingle style. It only took a day for the actual roof but the couple weeks was for them haggling with my insurance.

I have never dealt with anyone door-to-door before and will probably never do so again. But hey it worked.

I don't know anything about BigTen roofing but, We had a roof put on our house for free through our home owners insurance when we found out a couple shingles where missing. Roofing one came out, got up on the roof and found out entire sections could be lifted up. If your interested in having someone come out to inspect it and not sure about the company that came out, Call Todd at Roofing One 614-323-4990. He was recommended by another member on here when we where looking for someone. They took care of most of the insurance hassle, and once the paperwork was done, they had our roof done in a day.

Tod at Roofing One is a great guy. If you think you might have damage, call him and he will come out, look at it, and give you an honest opinion on it.