Mess on 270

Patterson

I think the mess was so terrible this morning because people don't pay attention to traffic reports. I had a friend say she sat on 161 for over an hour this morning waiting to exit to hamilton, then another hour to get to Easton. If she had watched the news, there were many other routes she could have taken to work that would have cost her, at most, 15 minutes.

Not that easy at all.

I was 2 hours late to work. I live in the area and know the back roads. Everyone has a gps/smartphone and knows them too.

Every single one of the 144,000 cars who comute through that passage on 270 were diverted to the surface streets.

I was actually headed back from the Blue Jackets game when this happened right in front of me. I was one of the first people to run up to the truck. Driver was gone by the time I made it to the cab. It was a mess.

My father and mother were also one of the first ones there. brown hair, goatee. Said it was pretty gruesome for the driver. He's given first responder care in the past but said there wasnt anything even possible.

I was actually headed back from the Blue Jackets game when this happened right in front of me. I was one of the first people to run up to the truck. Driver was gone by the time I made it to the cab. It was a mess.

That is crazy.

I had a similar experience new years eve of 07. It is unforgetable event.

Not that easy at all.

I was 2 hours late to work. I live in the area and know the back roads. Everyone has a gps/smartphone and knows them too.

Every single one of the 144,000 cars who comute through that passage on 270 were diverted to the surface streets.

While Harlem and County Line were backed up to old 161, my dad went north to Sunbury then back down to Polaris and got there in 40 minutes, 15 more than normal. If people had planned ahead rather than everyone getting dumped off onto the same few roads, limiting options, it would have been different.

While Harlem and County Line were backed up to old 161, my dad went north to Sunbury then back down to Polaris and got there in 40 minutes, 15 more than normal. If people had planned ahead rather than everyone getting dumped off onto the same few roads, limiting options, it would have been different.

Right, people on the outskirts should/could have planned better. My task was to go from 161/westerville to Dempsy/spring to drop off the baby; Dempsy/Spring to 270S All of my destinations were the same places that people were being dumped. Those of us in the thick of it were fucked.

Solution: Don't live in such a shitty place.

Right, people on the outskirts should/could have planned better. My task was to go from 161/westerville to Dempsy/spring to drop off the baby; Dempsy/Spring to 270S All of my destinations were the same places that people were being dumped. Those of us in the thick of it were fucked.

Solution: Don't live in such a shitty place.

Yeah I am not blaming it on the people who live in those areas or who were actually going to those places. It's the people who live in Newark and were going to Dublin that had no clue anything was going on until they were forced off of 161. I think that caused the biggest issues.

My father and mother were also one of the first ones there. brown hair, goatee.

Well that pretty much describes me too. LOL After I saw the driver was gone and could smell the leaking fuel, I went back to my car and got the hell out of there before the police could shut down all the roads and I was stuck. I was able to get back onto 270 and get off at 3 to head home.

Oh and I am not looking forward to driving home tonight. My drive in wasn't that bad because I get onto 270 at 3 and work in Dublin. Now I will be driving into that mess.

Well that pretty much describes me too. LOL After I saw the driver was gone and could smell the leaking fuel, I went back to my car and got the hell out of there before the police could shut down all the roads and I was stuck. I was able to get back onto 270 and get off at 3 to head home.

Oh and I am not looking forward to driving home tonight. My drive in wasn't that bad because I get onto 270 at 3 and work in Dublin. Now I will be driving into that mess.

I think my dad stuck around, they were texting me as they got home at 11 or so.

hell i would have gotten out of there as well with all that fuel on the ground, all it takes is one little spark for that whole area to turn into a big crater

Yeah I am not blaming it on the people who live in those areas or who were actually going to those places. It's the people who live in Newark and were going to Dublin that had no clue anything was going on until they were forced off of 161. I think that caused the biggest issues.

That's what happens when people sit on CR all night (instead of watching news), and then listen to XM on their commute (instead of a local channel with traffic reports): we're oblivious to stories about overturned semis.

I drove past everything last night around 12:15. It was pretty creepy seeing the other side of 270 closed from 161 to 670. There were probably 20 fire trucks and just as many cops. There were a few cops sitting at the 670 exit but everthing in between was just empty road.