O'reilly CR Account

acklac7

First off this is more of an inquiry then a complaint (I've been doing bidness with Oriely for a while now). Just wondering if anyone else is getting any discounts on there purchases? The past few times I have got parts/tools/accessories from them the price never changes when put under the CR account:confused:

On a side note I went to autozone to get some line-wrenches and they looked at me like "what?" explained to the lady there what they were and she said she didn't stock them. Went to O'reilly and the woman there found them in about a minute http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif. Also got a starter from them a few months back and haven't had a single issue.

Sometimes it depends on the parts. Depending on the margin built into retail you may a decent amount off, and at times nothing. It won't be a straight percentage across the board.

Yea I sorta figured that. However I have gotten a number of different things from tools to parts to accessories in the past couple months and when put under account the prices never changes on any of them.

I have noticed the same thing. Multiple different items and no price change. Not even a couple cents. Unfortunately, I am usually no where near Westerville. They usually have to call over to Dave's store so that they can put it in the system and the reciept shows all the information correctly. Still no price change. I still go there because they seem to have a better stock.

Line wrench? is that the same as a flare wrench?

Yeah, as in brake line. 99% of people I've talked to call them flare wrenches, but a few months ago I said flare wrench to someone who should have known what that was. They looked at me like I was an alien. I explained to them what I was talking about and they said 'oh a line wrench'. I guess it's kind of like whether you say soda or pop.

its a business not a charity.... if you can find a lower price on a like item at a retail location in columbus let the salesman know and he will adjust the price.... If you want to be 100 percent sure your transactionn gets handled correctly come see me in westerville and make sure you tell me who you are and who your with before we start the transaction..... This account is a privelege that I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get and it keep open..... please treat the sales people at the other locations with respect and gratitude or i will just close the account.....

thanks and have a great day

its a business not a charity.... if you can find a lower price on a like item at a retail location in columbus let the salesman know and he will adjust the price.... If you want to be 100 percent sure your transactionn gets handled correctly come see me in westerville and make sure you tell me who you are and who your with before we start the transaction..... This account is a privelege that I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get and it keep open..... please treat the sales people at the other locations with respect and gratitude or i will just close the account.....

Could not agree more with this statement. O'reillys has always been great to me at any of the locations I went to.

Thank you for taking the time to set this up and help CR out.

Could not agree more with this statement. O'reillys has always been great to me at any of the locations I went to.

Thank you for taking the time to set this up and help CR out.

+1 Dave ordered me a set of gaskets next day that EVERY other store needed 4-6 days to get. With out him I would have missed track day

+1. I miss the service at oreilly's in former-prohibition-ville. Was nice to buy from people that actually knew something about cars.

There is a very attractive young lady that works at the oreileys here in TX a few miles from my house. Obviously I am married so no matter to me but I am trying to get my dude richard to go up there and spit game. Oreilly's FTW!

I go in to get parts from the Westerville store not because of the discount but because they usually know their shit.

Thats why I go to Roberts rd store. I always get great service, people there always know wtf they're talking about and im always in and out of there fast. To be honest I really don't care that much about a discount, shit I never even mention the CR account unless im spending $30+, but who doesn't like saving money?. When I do mention it and the price doesn't change I don't say a word, I know that industry is prone to seeing alot of customers with attitudes: I aint one of 'em.

And I know it's a business, not a charity. I guess I sorta thought that the main reason(s) behind a Corporate account was two fold: offer members the lowest possible price on each and every item such that they don't have to waste time shopping around for the best deal, and in doing so expect to get 100% of there business in order to offset the discount. Maybe im wrong.

Sorry if I pissed you off, wasn't my intent.

My intent was to find out if anyone else was having problems with the acct, and in the process (re)-inform people that it was there. Not sure how the whole account thing works but im guessing more sales = increased discount? That said should I just put everything under CR? even the small stuff?

Edited by acklac7