wagner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit like this really pisses me off

Comment on yahoo

Having a hard time feeling sympathy here. Do it on the highway, it is illegal, do in on a track it is a sport. Sorry, I feel sorry that his wife and kids were left alone by a selfish man who cared more about his adrenaline rush than he did about his family. Sorry about the fan that didn't get whatever it was he was trying to win - whatever, it must have been important since the writer felt the need to mention it.

But if we are going to feel sorry for someone who died a senseless death due to extreme driving speeds, how about we feel sorry for an innocent person who is killed by some @#$% going over the speed limit - not some egomaniac who was speeding himself.

Shit like this really pisses me off

Comment on yahoo

Having a hard time feeling sympathy here. Do it on the highway, it is illegal, do in on a track it is a sport. Sorry, I feel sorry that his wife and kids were left alone by a selfish man who cared more about his adrenaline rush than he did about his family. Sorry about the fan that didn't get whatever it was he was trying to win - whatever, it must have been important since the writer felt the need to mention it.

But if we are going to feel sorry for someone who died a senseless death due to extreme driving speeds, how about we feel sorry for an innocent person who is killed by some @#$% going over the speed limit - not some egomaniac who was speeding himself.

As one of the racers said:

When you have to put on a helmet and a fire suit to go do the thing you love you know there may be consequences.

Anybody who races knows when you strap things can happen. The second you worry about those things is the second you need to stop racing.

These people who say stupid shit about racing are the same ones who think Golf is a sport and a spelling be belongs on ESPN, they can all get fucked.

This morning my 1st SGT came to me and asked me if I had heard about Dan Wheldon. I have not be around TV or and news for a little over a week, so I had no idea what he was wondering for. He said That Dan had died in a crash on Sunday. 3 years ago my 1st SGT and I had a lunch in, met and had our pictures taken with Dan Wheldon. This was at Mid Ohio and we were able to do the 2 seat Indy car experience ride around the track. Absolutely one of the best times I've ever had. At the time, Dan was the driver of the #4 car. The National Guard car.

All day this wreck was on my mind. I remembered how sincere he was at the lunch in. He talk about how proud it made him to drive a car for the troops, even being from another country. He said he loved being in the US.

He died doing what he loved. I hope we can all be that lucky when our time comes.

RIP Dan Wheldon

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/wDanWeldon.jpg