HID's in stock headlamp housing

Fubar231

stay with 4500k or 6k. i had 6k in the vette and it was a huge improvement over stock.

Did you have a 35 watt kit or a 55 watt?

Also, if i was ordering them from here http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W what all would i need? What harness/bulb type is stock for the camaros?

35 watts is more than enough. HID's take less power and make more light than normal bulbs. I am actually ordering another set myself from VVME, because they have bi-xenon kits. The ones I purchase are for Honda applications, and have built in casper shields. That is the only way I will ever buy HID's for a non HID housing. I'm not trying to blind people.

Oh and the bulbs you want are 9006.

So say

35W Kit

9006/HB4 Harness

6k Bulb Color

I dont need a error eliminator, adapter cables, or that dual in dual out thing do I?

Also if i was going to order a set for my fog lights too, what bulb type would that be?

I wouldn't think that you need any extras. I think the error eliminator is for cars with headlight out warnings lights, adapter cables are for special applications, and I think the dual in dual out is for a relay harness for your power. If so, it will prevent from burning up any existing headlight wiring by only using factory wiring as a signal to turn on. 6k is great pure white. I think the fogs are 894's.

Don't put them in stock housings.

The light scatters all over the place and it looks like ass to you, and everyone else.

Are there any housings for 4th gen Fbodys that are made to accept HID's? Also are there any bulbs i can use that would help to prevent the light scattering? Like how Steve was talking about ones with a Casper Shield?

A 6k 35w HID in a non-projector headlight wouldn't be that bad for oncoming traffic at all. A couple of my friends run very similar setups in their non-projected housings and it looks fine. Now 8k+ and a 55w will piss off everyone. A neighbor has that in his Scion and it's brutal.

A 6k 35w HID in a non-projector headlight wouldn't be that bad for oncoming traffic at all. A couple of my friends run very similar setups in their non-projected housings and it looks fine. Now 8k+ and a 55w will piss off everyone. A neighbor has that in his Scion and it's brutal.

Ive been debating if i want to get 6k or 8k on my 35w kitt. Im going to get the same for the fogs so it all matches, just not sure what.

Id like a little blue tint, but i dont want them to be so blue i cant see in the rain and shit

I think that headlight styling needs to stay with the audis and off my camaro lol

They look amazing on audi's but would look out of place on a camaro, and those cheap sets would probably look trashy too. Also theres not even enough LED's around the lights, when did it become 16 hours of lemans instead of 24 hours :lol:

Ive been debating if i want to get 6k or 8k on my 35w kitt. Im going to get the same for the fogs so it all matches, just not sure what.

Id like a little blue tint, but i dont want them to be so blue i cant see in the rain and shit

I would recommend 4300k 35w or 6000k 55w. If you go 55w get the harness. I am running the 35w 4300k low beams and 55w 6000k high beams and love it. They do not seem blue at all.

I would recommend 4300k 35w or 6000k 55w. If you go 55w get the harness. I am running the 35w 4300k low beams and 55w 6000k high beams and love it. They do not seem blue at all.

I was just going to use the stock hi beams since i never use them at all anyways. Was only going to replace the fogs/lo beams with HID's

/\ +1. The best way to add HID's the correct way is with a retrofit. Some of the cheaper kits you could have issues with melting the housings and causing issues with your wiring. But then again, there are people who have run the cheaper setups without problems so its really your call. I'm sure there are writeups on how to retrofit TSX or S2000 projectors into your oem housings.

I swear I'll fucking flame you if you put an HID in a basic Halogen housing, you god damn ricer.

It doesn't matter HOW you do it, the emitting light of the HID scatters completely different than a Halogen bulb would, which is exactly what causes the blinding effect. It doesn't matter what temperature bulb you put in there, it's going to suck ass just the same.

Either retrofit the car for HID projectors... NOT JUST PROJECTORS, or fuck off.