First AWD Trailblazer in the 10's.....Yeah I'll Take that Crown.

MattKatz

Went to Edgewater Sports Park in Cincinnati friday evening for some good 'ol Test and Tune....But I went with a New Weapon Thanks to Jeremy (JCattSS on my TBSS forum). He Loaned me his brand New Set of True Forged Drag wheels and Radials.....And The Results were astonishing. Not only did I take over the new top spot on our AWD List....But I have surpassed quite a few guys on the RWD list as well. As you will see, I have now accomplished what many of the AWD guys have been trying to do for some time now and I have a lot of people to thank along the way. Special thanks to Matt (LT1Z on TBSS forum) for walking me through a few tune changes on the phone at the track last night as well. Long and Short....This Truck moves the EFF out now. She is a nasty little bitch. I am still having a 2-3 shift problem, but even with the messy shifting the truck went 10's. I am Ecstatic to say the least.

The Previous Record for an AWD was a 11.26, and last week at KK I went 11.27 ....Not once, but twice....SO I was bound and determined to break that record, and I did so by a lot. I am happy with the results and think this is the end of the line for me on this vehicle. Not saying Im going to sell, but at this stage to go faster will cost far more than its worth to me.

Video of the Run is posted under all of the pictures. Here is a Pic of the truck at the track last night with the Radial on, Pic back at home clearly showing my number, and all four of my slips last night along with my Tech Card. The First two runs I was just testing out launching on the radials and getting a feel for how 2-3 was going to shift....and it didnt. Thats where Matt came in a we worked on a few things. I knew once I made a pass under 11.49 they were gonna boot me, and I was trying to work out the 2-3 shift issue, but on run three it was late, so we hit it...And It went 10's and I couldnt believe it. The guy at the Tech booth was all grins when I got there....He had gotten word from my buddies I was trying to go for the record, and after that pass he told me I would have to slow it down....But Told me he'd give me one more Full pass to back it up. Kick ass Guys for doing that....They could have easily sent me packing to Pits.

When I made the next pass after a breif 20 minute cool down, I hit the booth only to find out I went even faster at 10.83@125. Not only did I take over the top AWD spot...I did so by nearly a half second over the next guy behind me and I backed it up to boot.

SO you guys look at the slips...They speak for themselves.

Truck was drove 70 miles there and Home Carrying everything to make the Wheel Swap.

Here is the short mod list for those that will want to know.

• Forged 364 (Precision Motorsports Built)
  • LEP Stage 1 Blower Cam (Thanks Garth @ Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas)
  • Stock 243 Heads, mildly hand ported in bowl area only, Patriot Gold Springs. (Heads up Cylinder Heads in Beavercreek, OH)
  • 4'' Custom Intake (Non fenderwell....Right behind the headlight...Thanks T-Mac for the Bung, Blinky's Fab for the Welding)
  • TVS 2300, Nose Drive (Thanks Joe/LeftCoast32)
  • T-Mac 8 RIB with 3.0" RIP Pulley making 14PSI
  • AlkyControl Progressive Meth Kit (Thanks Julio for a Kickass Kit)
  • Pheonix built 4L70 with Pheonix 3200 300/258 Hybrid Single Disk stall (Greg Ducato @ pheonix...you know your the effin Man)
  • TF Wheels and M&H Racemaster Radials (275/50/17) @ 54 pounds each. (Thanks again JCattSS!!)
  • Thanks to Bill (Thorne) @ IPS for the Main Tune....Its working well but with some more tweaks will be even Better.
  • Truck at Race weight with me in it was #4800 pounds....so yeah....'Bout as full weight as you get.

http://www.mazdas247.com/members/ForceFed/TBSS/Edgewater%2010-21-11.jpg

http://www.mazdas247.com/members/ForceFed/TBSS/Edgewater%20Time%20Slips%201.2.jpg

http://www.mazdas247.com/members/ForceFed/TBSS/Edgewater%20Time%20Slips%202.2.jpg

http://www.mazdas247.com/members/ForceFed/TBSS/Egdewater%2010-21-11%201.2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cc_-B6nxnc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Evil did help me Thursday night with some Clearance Grinding duties to fit the New Forged Wheels and Drag Radials....and likely told the tech guys to let me Run again since I was trying to break a record.

What tech guys.

Were going to figure out the 2-3 issue. I've got a couple ideas but ultimately we may just be to powerful for the trans. I expect with the current setup we can still tweak a little more out of her. Gimme a call I got time this weekend to play with the 2-3.

and mail me the logs ;)