Hi-Point Carbine?

mrhobbz

Has anyone ever played with one of these? A buddy of mine has a hi-point 4595TS which is their 45 caliber carbine. He purchased it with all of their addons for $400 and some change, forward grip, flashlight and laser, 9 round capacity and it doesn't look like anyone makes any extended magazines for it.

He's put about 300 rounds through it and since then it's just sat around collecting dust, is this thing worth $200 for something to toy around with?

Internet gun snobs hate them because they're cheap and ugly, but they're reliable and have a manufacturer lifetime warranty. I just bought the 9mm version and I've read somewhere the .40 and .45 calibers are a bit more problematic.. but whatever. Personally if zombies invade I would grab one of my other guns, but for shooting pop cans on the farm it's a good couple hundred bucks spent.

Cheap to shoot and something the girlfriend can shoot, I could see myself owning one one day. Well more than likely I'll just pick up an upper, but if you got one with all the bells and whistles for $200 I say jump on it.

If nothing else, you've got a chance of turning it around for a profit. And they are pretty good plinkers. One of my friends brought one of the 9mm versions on a range trip, and it was throwing 2-2.5 inch groups at 100 yards, albeit through a scope. The iron sights were frankly shit...we backed out to 200 yards and were still getting everything inside of 8 inches, pretty impressive for a pistol-caliber shooting plinker ammo.

Nutnfancy did a review on them (if its the same HiPoint carbine im thinking of) and he loved it. And this guy is normally a very critical reviewer.

I cant find the specific review but he talks about the hipoint carbine in this video i think http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy#p/search/2/CFUAIhL3NCo

I wouldnt mind picking up a Keltec sub-2000, maybe put a rail on it and a little optic, would be a fun little gun shooting out of glock mags i already have.

EDIT: here's another review including the gun your talking about (actually i think the model he's using is a 995, which im assuming is the same model as your only chambered in a 9mm) http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy#p/search/6/INxDQZdkCzg

Its a little long but very informative. In one of his video's he mentioned a company that makes a 30rd magazine for this gun but for some reason the mag was unreliable with 30 rounds in it... effectively making it a 29/28rd mag. Still better than 10 but whatever.

Have had one for years and has always been worry free. Nate used it to shoot a Clay out of the sky with it....true story

Lucky arab shot.

I have played with Clark carbine and it is a total blast. I'd love to pick one up for that cheap. If you don't take it, let me know. :)

-Marc