2005 f250 questions?

Stimmel1647545512

I've owned 2 F150's and 2 F250's I'll never go back to a 1/2 ton truck.

As far as the 05 SD the 5.4 is a very nice motor my family has had 6 vehicles (truck's and Expo's) with the 5.4 and NEVER a problem. Do Highly recommend replacing the plugs though, if you do decide on the truck have them replace the plug in the deal. Trust me it's well worth it they are prone to snap because of a shity plug design.

As far as a 5.4 in a SD if your not towing much or doing light towing it'd be ok, if your gonna work it I'd go with a V10 or Diesel. I've driven a few 5.4 SD's and they seemed under powered for work use.

SD's are great trucks.

I would never buy a 3/4 ton truck with a gas motor, especially a gas motor as small as the 5.4.

When you go from a 5.4 F-150 to a 5.4 F-250, you're basically saying, I want to haul more shit in the bed than an F-150 will, and I want to be able to tow slightly more weight. I also want the truck to ride a lot worse when it's unloaded, get worse gas mileage, and be generally slower under all conditions because I'm dragging around a 3/4 ton truck frame....

I never would, for sure.

Like said above do you plan on towing heavy loads? What's the intent to get the truck work related or just a daily?

I would spend the extra money to get a deisel I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Then again I'm not to big on the 5.4. Yes reliable but still nOt as reliable as a diesel.

The 3v motors are far better than the 2v motors in every aspect.

I also can't stand it when people gripe or knock a 3/4-1 tons mpg. If your buying a sd/ hd truck and expect great mpg your a fool. These are real trucks that will do real work. It's not a civic and it's not a caddy. If you want a cupcake truck go buy a Toyota or Nissan.

The 3v motors are far better than the 2v motors in every aspect.

I also can't stand it when people gripe or knock a 3/4-1 tons mpg. If your buying a sd/ hd truck and expect great mpg your a fool. These are real trucks that will do real work. It's not a civic and it's not a caddy. If you want a cupcake truck go buy a Toyota or Nissan.

:lolguy: