Lock your doors - Even in nice areas - Bad things can happen

KillJoy

LINK to the story.

This is why we ALWAYS keep our doors locked. You never know...

DELAWARE, Ohio - Police were working to track down two men who kidnapped a woman from a fast food restaurant and raped her.

According to investigators, a woman was waiting in the drive-through at a McDonald’s off of Cemetery Road on Sunday when two men jumped into her car.

According to police, the men forced the woman to drive around and raped her during that time, 10TV’s Tanisha Mallett reported.

The woman was found by a driver on State Route 37 in Sunbury, police said.

The driver was Criminal Defense Attorney Jack Carney-DeBord, said he thought he had seen it all, what he saw that night shook him up.

“I said to myself, I’ve gotta turn around. So I did,” said Carney-DeBord. “When I passed her I was trying to make out the words. She was trying to say something and it might have been ‘help.’”

When he turned around Carney-Debord said he could see the woman only had a shirt on and was waiving her arms frantically, Mallett reported.

“She said ‘Help me’ and she started to put her hands on my car,” said Carney-DeBord. “I said ‘Everything is going to be ok. Just go off to the side, get out of the road.’”

Investigators said they recovered the victim’s car late Monday morning near where she was found and they are still working to develop leads in the case.

Police said that the woman’s doors were unlocked at the time of the carjacking.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

KillJoy

I grew up in some shitty areas and I still lock my doors in certain situations. It's rare, but I do it. However, I'm always quite aware of my surroundings due to the same reasons.

However, like Killjoy said, sometimes it doesn't matter...

I have had someone get in my car before at an intersection when I lived in Cali. I ended up backhanding a buddy of mine.... lol Had no idea it was him until I hit him. Oops. His fault.

would anyone like to show me a interwebz link?

I can't find any anymore. It was like 2005. By law Otterbein has to send out alerts on any crime on or very near campus. They were happening on Main St and that area. The one I remember most was at the intersection of West (Africa) and Main. I was friends with a girl who lived in that big brick house on the corner and she was really freaked out.

I turn right next to this McDonald's every time I go to work and i eat here sometimes. That shit is scary. I actually sent this link to my HR rep to see if she wanted to let my company know about it. We are literally 1 mile from this McDonalds.

Mother fuckers need a beat down!

I have always locked my doors and make my wife do the same. I think my reason for it is when I was in 7th grade we moved to the southside of columbus. My mom worked downtown and would take Parson's to get there. While at a redlight a guy jumped in her passenger side and said "hey blondie where we going", freaking the hell out my mom started screaming for help, a couple guys pulled the dude out of the car and my mom took off.

Society is fucked and stories like these are the main reason I no longer read or watch the news. Its so damn depressing to actually sit there and read all the fucked up shit people do to one another